Author Topic: Is the cr0 forum dying?  (Read 92010 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Is the cr0 forum dying?
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2015, 11:15 PM »
Well I suppose i'm one of them  :-\

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2015, 07:27 AM »
Thankyou George for the work you done over the years
I know having met you   .    You are not malicious     
You may not get it right  ;) and your not a bad person
So let's not kick a man when he's down
And be a man and just say Thanks George

In a funny way I'm going to miss all the contentious stuff it certainly was better than Eastenders  ;D
Anyway George keep posting
Cheers MT

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2015, 07:43 AM »
Thankyou George for the work you done over the years
I know having met you   .    You are not malicious     
You may not get it right  ;) and your not a bad person
So let's not kick a man when he's down
And be a man and just say Thanks George

Hear hear.  A very big "thank you" to George for all his efforts to keep the forum free of bad language, and for all his hard work as sole moderator over the years.

** Phil.

littlechilie

« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2015, 08:00 AM »
George, one big thank you from me, ;) anyone taking time to look after the best interests of forum members is dedicated to the cause.

As members we really need to stop and understand, a playground without a supervisor is asking for trouble.

Thank you.
LC

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2015, 08:47 AM »
In a funny way I'm going to miss all the contentious stuff it certainly was better than Eastenders  ;D
Anyway George keep posting

Thank you and others for your kind words.

You won't need to "miss all the contentious stuff" though because there was absolutely no link that I could see between (i) the admin tasks I tried to carry out to the best of my ability and (ii) my posts as a member. Dropping (i) should not make one iota of difference to (ii). In fact, as I said, I will be more able to speak my mind. For example, what do you think of Sverige's link to youtube, a few posts above? If word was passed to this forum that any member had died, in real life, I'm quite sure the decent members on here (the vast majority) would express their condolences. But not Sverige. Oh no. He must feel very proud of himself. Why have forum rules against that kind of pure hatred, if no action is taken when the rules are broken time and time again by the same member.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2015, 08:54 AM »
George, no one has died, so as usual your stirring has no solid foundation. You've stepped down - whoopee say I - others may bite their tongue. Well whatever. Now you can post freely without fear of bringing the post of moderator into disrepute so I'm sure you will have your say. Bear in mind though that unlike before you can't go back and change what you said or delete your posts, so you'll be accountable for what you do post, as am I and the other members.

You've been a disastrous moderator and were never fit for the job. Celebrating your departure is an appropriate response to your announcement and is not "pure hatred". The only person I've seen that from is yourself, frequently in the past.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2015, 09:17 AM »
Clearly my last post was deleted and understandably so.

Sverige, I would suggest you take the same advice you gave me. It involves winches and necks. I think I will start a new thread that says I will boycott the site till Sverige is banned for incessant trolling.

In order to stay wihtin the bounds of the forums rules, I would only expect a post similar to those you have recently posted from a fornicating penis cranium.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2015, 09:41 AM »
Personally I think it took gut's to do what George has done, But I think he done the right thing, There was never going to be any team work between George and CH, And really you cannot run a forum without team work between the mod's, And you must be honest guy's, no one could start off a debate like George. I will miss him as a mod, (although we sometimes never seen eye to eye  ;))

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2015, 11:12 AM »
Clearly my last post was deleted and understandably so.
Obviously Admin is active  :)

I think I will start a new thread that says I will boycott the site till Sverige is banned for incessant trolling.
I would seriously suggest you do nothing of the sort, as it would not last very long

In addition, I am aware of your exchanges away from the public boards with Sverige, which I believe is the right course of action.  I would strongly suggest that is where they need to remain  ::)

Personally I think it took gut's to do what George has done, But I think he done the right thing...

- "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go"
- a quote many will recognise

George has done the honourable thing, and has retired to the back benches which certainly does not mean you will hear less from him  ;)

George and I have disagreed on many occasions and I've no doubt we shall cross swords in the future.  But I can only echo what has already been posted regarding his commitment to the forum and doing what he believed to be best during his period of lone moderation.

Thank you George

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2015, 11:36 AM »
"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go"

Ah, Mr Cromwell I presume  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes