Author Topic: Is the cr0 forum dying?  (Read 92008 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Is the cr0 forum dying?
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2015, 05:56 PM »
The comments by Gav, Onions, Sverige et al are so predictable.

A trap wouldn't work better, if one needed to round up the usual suspects.

It would be good to hear, instead, from dozens if not hundreds of members who have frequented this forum within, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..................

Sorry George, love to chat more but I have an out of date yoghurt to eat.  :)

littlechilie

« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2015, 06:09 PM »
average everyday dinners being posted over the forum

Over one thread.

Apologies Onions, I will amend my post, to average everyday dinners being posted, I didn't name any particular thread.

But if I see beans on toast, well I'm just going to die. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2015, 06:29 PM »

It would be good to hear, instead, from dozens if not hundreds of members who have frequented this forum within, say, the past five years but increasingly stay away because of threads like the 'Jospephine' one

Or the "What are you listening to" thread?? And how do you know these countless members are staying away for the reason you state?  Maybe they had at least an ounce of aptitude for cooking and came to be able to cook curries they were happy with so moved on to other challenges? Maybe it's only the members with not a shread of ability who end up stuck here perpetually, growing bitter and twisted out of frustration? Remind me, how long have you been a member and why haven't you "got it" yet? Total lack of talent?

Or maybe, as usual, you just saw the chance to start and argument and went for it, with every word of your post calculated to get the maximum number of people going?  You could easily be the real answer to why so many people stay away from this forum.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2015, 06:56 PM »
But if I see beans on toast, well I'm just going to die. ;D ;D ;D

Oddly enough, I had beans on toast about a week ago.  But I rapidly decided that I prefer them cold, straight out of the tin, and without any toast in sight, so went back to eating them that way.

** Phil.

littlechilie

« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Is the CR0 dying?
I have never given this post much thought, but after the last two-three weeks of your average everyday dinners being posted over the forum :'(
My question along the line of this thread would be, is the CR0 turning into a general food forum?

At last, a small number of the primary contributors to the Josephine thread might be starting to think something along the lines of "OMG - what have we done?" If ever a thread needed closing, because it was against the public (i.e forum) interest it was that one.

I disagree with the notion that it's perfectly acceptable because we can't be cooking curry every day. Perhaps we could get similar threads going on subjects like DIY or gardening. I think not. That's my view anyway.

Hi George, I  Will stand by you on some of the above statement, some of the recent posting has been to far from cooking curry, it's also strangulating the need for the forum layout.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2015, 08:51 PM »
With Gav's post at reply#150. I suggest the forum has sunk to a new low. He clearly doesn't agree with me, and instead of arguing his point of view in a civilised manner, Gav chooses: (1) to distort and ridicule the wording of the quote - seriously out of order and (2) present a photo of someone yawning, like he wants to drown out any argument or comment which he doesn't like.

Then his mate Sverige insults my cooking ability when he clearly has no idea whatsoever.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2015, 08:58 PM »
There are times, George, when I think that you missed your true vocation.  Do you not think that you would have excelled as an agent provocateur ?

** Phil.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2015, 09:30 PM »
You can't argue with you George. Its been proved many times before in many threads. As my mother pointed out to me long ago, 'You can't argue with an idiot'

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36 PM »
He kept kept his head down for a couple of days. But- here we go again  :)

Thanks Geo.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2015, 09:53 PM »
There are times, George, when I think that you missed your true vocation.  Do you not think that you would have excelled as an agent provocateur ?

What do you disagree with in my post #155 (detailed points or even my right to attempt to defend myself against mob bullying)? And why didn't you use your arguments against Gav's post #150?

©2024 Curry Recipes