Author Topic: Is the cr0 forum dying?  (Read 91129 times)

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Is the cr0 forum dying?
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2015, 10:15 PM »
I look in most days to see if there are any eureka curry moments or new recipes but some days i do not see anything curry related at all,personally i would like to see the talk about anything other than curry thread scrapped and all non curry related posts should be deleted and if you want to insult each other send a personal message i do not want to read through all that crap. 

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2015, 11:12 PM »
i would like to see the talk about anything other than curry thread scrapped and all non curry related posts should be deleted
I would have to disagree MP.  At least with this section available, there is no excuse for cluttering up other threads with totally non related off topic drivel when it should be posted here  ;)  As for deleting non curry related posts, which i assume would have to include off topic posts (friendly banter excluded), as there's currently only two mods, this would prove to be a lifetimes work  ::)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2015, 11:46 PM »
---What a disappointment it is to find the same old in-fighting going on about moderation and 'unruly' language. Refer to earlier threads about language and the site rules. I had hoped this was all sorted last year.

However, the disappointment at returning to the site to find he same old combatants still flogging away at each other is very tedious. What a shame. If anything will kill the site, this is it. For me at least, my interest in contribution is slipping.

This very same thread, 1 month ago.

George, your a bit like the gopher on a golf course.  If you poke your head up someone tries to hit it.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2015, 04:31 AM »
I love this forum, there is nothing wrong with "Josephine " thread .
The only thing wrong with this forum is George's persistent  trolling.
I suggest that everybody stays away from the forum until Stew (admin) sees sense
Your picture hit the nail on the head Gav

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2015, 07:48 AM »
I also love the Josephine thread. I look in everyday and see if there are new curry pics/ recipes on the home page. I go to the Josephine thread and see what everyone has been eating. Then look for any new posts.Any with the constant moaning and bit**ing get right on my nerves. BORING!

Curry, food, encouragement, tips, recipes, videos, sharing.....That's what I want :)

Please.....

littlechilie

« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2015, 08:21 AM »

Curry, food, encouragement, tips, recipes, videos, sharing.....That's what I want :)

Please.....

Agreed, LouP but if all the above can just be posted in one thread, then what's the point of the forum layout?
It's designed to direct you to what your looking for, I don't want to see a photo of a great curry and then in the next comment see a shepherds pie!
I want the time to discuss the dish and be able to reference back to it, this can't happen if it's not posted in the correct place.

I'm at a compleat loss as to the potential problem not being picked up sooner ???
Cheers LC

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2015, 08:24 AM »
There are times, George, when I think that you missed your true vocation.  Do you not think that you would have excelled as an agent provocateur ?

What do you disagree with in my post #155 (detailed points or even my right to attempt to defend myself against mob bullying)?

I did not have any particular post in mind when I made my observation, George, and I cannot see that it would be helpful for me to re-examine #155 to see if it applies; I simply feel that there are times (rather too many times, in fact) when you post simply in order to be provocative (I believe you have admitted this in the past) and it was in reference to such actions that my post referred.

And why didn't you use your arguments against Gav's post #150?

As above, I had no particular post in mind, so examining Gav's #150 to see if it is equally applicable there is unnecessary -- I am referring to your posts in general, not any specific one, and I do not think that Gav makes a habit of being provocative.

BUT, as you will know in your r
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:36 AM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2015, 10:32 PM »
I simply feel that there are times (rather too many times, in fact) when you post simply in order to be provocative (I believe you have admitted this in the past)

Yes indeed, but at least the link between my posts and being a moderator will now be invalid, since I've told Stew that I will step down. It should be a bit like an MP returning to the back benches where he is more likely to speak his mind. The recent attacks on me have further dented any faith I once had in voluntary work. Now I see voluntary work as roles for suckers. If a role is justified, shouldn't it be renumerated? I checked-in here 10x more than I would otherwise have needed to but is there any appreciation from more than a handful of people? Of course not. The history of moderation on this forum is not a happy one, I'm sorry to say. I adopted a minimal approach but even that didn't please people and they are now likely to get their wish for MORE moderation.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2015, 10:44 PM »
Thanks for all your help over the years George you know I have appreciated it.

Best regards
Stew

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2015, 10:48 PM »
Now I see voluntary work as roles for suckers.
Anyone in particular in your mind George.  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes