Author Topic: Turmeric prevents experimental rheumatoid arthritis  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Turmeric prevents experimental rheumatoid arthritis
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 08:54 PM »
The whole health question and benefits of spices are quite interesting, we know too much saturated fat is bad for your body, but relatively little is known about spices and combination of spices.. there is enough spices in your average curry to have some kind effect :) Apart from the toilet humour effect.

I all ways get a double hit from eating curries. The first is the rush of endorphins (hope i spelt that right) which is very good for the body :) 
The second effect is feeling healthier and more energy a few days afterwards. Of course curries can contain huge amounts of calories.. but these are usually used up or turned to extra flesh within a relatively short amount of time; so i doubt that had much bearing in the short term.

These spices must be doing something positive, we know chillies and paprika (bell peppers) contain a lot of vitamin C which boosts the immune system,  i would have thought that most of the vitamin C dies through high heat?

Anyway, of course curries arent going to protect you against all illnesses, but it does seem to have a positive effect which may well be revealed in the future??

Im off for some Christmas visiting real soon
So have a nice Christmas folks, see you in the new year

Ashes :)

btw Glad Shane Warne is retiring, give the pommies a chance huh?  ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes