Author Topic: Serendipity  (Read 1065 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Serendipity
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:50 PM »
I attended a friend's "umpteenth" birthday yesterday, and when I arrived she was in conversation with an Indian lady whom I did not recognise.  "Hallo Phil", said Laura; "this is my good friend Camellia Panjabi :  we have been friends ever since College".  "Not /the/ Camellia Punjabi ?", I asked; "the famous author ?".  "Well, I have written one cookery book", she said.  I was gobsmacked -- there I was, in the presence of one of the most famous names in the Indian cookery world.  Needless to say we chatted about Indian food, and when I left (having sought advice from my hostess and another of Laura and Camellia's contemporaries), I asked if I might ask her a great favour.  "By all means", she replied.  "When you next come to this country, would you be willing to give me a lesson in Indian cookery ?".  She thought for a few moments, and then said "Yes".  Needless to say, I was overjoyed.  Whether anything will come of this remains to be seen, but where there is life there is hope !

** Phil.

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Serendipity
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Fantastic opportunity, hope it happens for you. Camellia Panjabi's '50 Great Curries Of India' is a classic; I'm very envious  :)

Cheers,
Ken

©2024 Curry Recipes