Author Topic: Jb's takeaway base gravy  (Read 310605 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Jb's takeaway base gravy
« Reply #380 on: December 28, 2014, 12:09 AM »
Hi all,

So, having read the past 38 threads a wee bit of conflicting amounts. Can we have a defintive quantity checklist for HOME amounts if possible please?

This link will take you to a pic spreadsheet I made that gives JB's in a HOME qty.
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13358.msg112217.html#msg112217

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2015, 07:14 PM »
I made a small batch of this up this week, enough for about six curries, and the only thing I did different was to sieve the base as my blender really does need replacing. I also added more garlic than was suggested early on and I have to say that it makes good curries. It added an extra layer of flavour for the recipes that I use. Thanks JB.

littlechilie

« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46 AM »
Jb going to knock up a batch of your base this afternoon! Who needs TV ;)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 27, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Jb going to knock up a batch of your base this afternoon! Who needs TV ;)

Ooooh! Errrr! Missus! :) But, seriously, I've been using this base consistently as my standard for several months and it's ideal for me. Excellent recipe, JB! :)

littlechilie

« Reply #384 on: January 27, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Jb, halfway through the process, having made this base a good number of times previous, there is one thing I'm lost on! I read a few posts where you talk of reclaiming the oil. But I can't see there is sufficient added to reclaim.
Having worked out a reliable oil free base, I often use in some dishes, I'm always happy to vary my cooking.
Would you say the oil content should be upped in this base for reclaiming? Or left as is?
Many thanks.

Offline Mattie

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 13, 2015, 01:07 PM »
For those, like me that love their pressure cooker - 35 minutes at full pressure then a natural release worked wonders and really melted the onions.  Although I had to ram down the 3 kg of sliced onions to fit in my 6 litre pressure cooker. 

Offline masalanoob

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2015, 05:41 PM »
I wanted to check first before failing a 2nd batch... when we say 1/4 coconut block, I don't mean to sound stupid but where do I get one and what do they even look like? - masalanoob

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2015, 05:52 PM »
wqhere are u

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline masalanoob

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2015, 06:21 PM »
thank you so much mate... if you didn't help me I probably would've thrown in 1/4 of an actual coconut in the pot!

©2024 Curry Recipes