Author Topic: Adey Payne Cooking Lesson in Boston  (Read 63050 times)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Adey Payne Cooking Lesson in Boston
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2014, 10:58 PM »
Totally off topic but i just love reading all the sycophantic comments over there, although i am banned too  :-\. Will never really understand why.  Hopefully some of those currently snooping around this site will wake up and smell the coffee.  Or better still, grow some ****s and argue occasionally  :D. One thing is for sure, i'll never learn anything from there to improve my BIR cooking  that isn't already available here ::)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:38 PM by curryhell »

Offline chukitinabukit

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 06:40 AM »
mmmmm a lot of contradiction in the same posts there.
Gaviscon has never been banned from anything/where before, states there is nothing for him on CA's forum, yet wants to rejoin?
You should write a book of your own Gaviscon "confessions of a troll".
By the the way, those " ideas coming from the voices in your head" don't seem to be that good.

Garp, you think that one post of mine constitutes a fixation?

As for the "grow some b#lls comment.
If those of you who are members of this forum wish to be abusive to me or others, have the gonads to do it under your own name girls. No need to sneak into another place. I'll check in here from time to time to see how you are doing. ;)

Back on topic, not everybody will get the same result from a course, some will be extatic with the result, some will be happy, some will be disappointed and some, like Haldi, will come away confused.
Maybe Haldi is struggling with the change over in methods from those that he has been using for years, to those that he has recently been taught.

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Back on topic, not everybody will get the same result from a course, some will be extatic with the result, some will be happy, some will be disappointed and some, like Haldi, will come away confused.
Maybe Haldi is struggling with the change over in methods from those that he has been using for years, to those that he has recently been taught.
Adeys course covers everything, and he is teaching it right
My problem is that I already knew most of these methods and my recipes needed fine tuning

If I tried a madras from three places, I would get three different results

I should have brought a sample of exactly what I wanted to achieve, to the course
I naively thought this would just happen

If you have a different base, a different spice mix, a different cooking order, different main ingredient you can't get anything but a different result
It all adds up

Adey is a decent bloke and he is helping many people achieve exactly what they are after

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2014, 08:38 AM »

Gaviscon has never been banned from anything/where before, states there is nothing for him on CA's forum, yet wants to rejoin?

That's true, its the only thing or place I've ever been banned from in my whole life. I don't think I said there's nothing for me on there, that must be the voices in your head, I did say I might rejoin as I think its therapeutic and I do enjoy reading the posts from the numptys i.e. you. Some words I think you should look up in the dictionary, hypocrite - before you tell me that I'm a troll (internet) for which I'll actually accept as a compliment, imbecile - in relation to yourself and while your there, ecstatic because you mis-spelt it. Obviously someones touched a nerve somewhere causing you to post on here. If it makes you happier and you need a point of focus for your apparent anger, just insult or accuse me of anything that springs up in your mind and I'll happily agree for you, fact or fiction.

You've got to admit that its better here though, as you wouldn't be able to have such a friendly debate over in the school house without getting a warning then banned.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2014, 10:04 AM »
Nothing to do with the original post

Hey Chuckit you've found this forum now!

best, Rich

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2014, 10:16 AM »
Sitting here smiling at Chuckits posts has had me thinking. I've never been called a troll before and when I see the word troll nowadays it always takes me back to The Three Billy Goats Gruff, I'm a troll fol de rol, I'm a troll fol de rol.  :)  If some of you think I've lost my marbles, here it is played on Phil's ipod classic. The troll bit starts at 1.55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQlCDykWMR4

Nice to see you Rich. The pumpkin and red lentil dahl's still going down well.  :)

littlechilie

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2014, 10:28 AM »
Chu
How come you make the identical grammar mistakes as Adolfander ?

Still LMFAO, the though of you running around inside your own head Chucky ;) but on a honest point I was concerned for your health last night.

I feel it's good to have some form of outlet for your pent up frustration, BIR has caused you much stress so my arms are always open in welcome to you  ;)

Hi Haldi, thanks for the update to your feelings on the cooking class! You make some good points there and have left me some food for thought. :)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1eHKf-dMwo

TROLL- is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments, hoping to start arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

And chukit you have the audacity to join this forum, falsely accuse people, and after 2 posts you begin all of the above!  :o

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2014, 12:59 PM »
If I tried a madras from three places, I would get three different results

I should have brought a sample of exactly what I wanted to achieve, to the course
I naively thought this would just happen

If you have a different base, a different spice mix, a different cooking order, different main ingredient you can't get anything but a different result
It all adds up

Shame you didnt have the benefit of hindsight Haldi, it would have been great to learn how to replicate your favourite restaurant curry.  The madras's I have eaten from restaurants, not take-aways,  around here are all pretty similar , with only slight differences between them, noticable but slight.

Yes it does all add up, but the challenge is fun and enjoyable  :)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:05 PM by madrasandy »

Offline chukitinabukit

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2014, 04:24 AM »
Yep, "Gav is gone", the voices in your head telling you that you need therapy are probably correct.
It is your claim to be a troll that prompted my suggestion that you write your own  book entitled "Confessions of a troll",
and now you are claiming the title of Troll as a compliment.
You just don't have a pair big enough to confess to being Baltiboy, do you.
You sit  there and allow Madamandy to take the blame.
To your Troll, I am the Billy goat gruff.
It must be the rejection that you feel that is causing you to  attempt to troll and re-enter the other place.  :'(

Madamandy,
are you "still" trying to tell Haldi how he feels after his course? Tut tut.
 ???
The Little chillie,
You want to hug a man? Ask Madamandy to oblige, that's if he is not posing as "Caroliner" today.

As for starting all this, I made one justifiable comment which brought the Ugly sisters out.
You still won't be going to the ball girls.  :-*

Haldi, good post.

Hi Rich.

©2024 Curry Recipes