Author Topic: Adey Payne Cooking Lesson in Boston  (Read 63100 times)

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Adey Payne Cooking Lesson in Boston
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2014, 08:14 AM »
I wish those using the trendy phrase "The learning curve" realised what a mistake they are making,then make it worse by adding steep :D

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2014, 10:09 AM »
Come on guys let's remember this is not a English grammar forum, not all of us had such a privileged upbringing with good education !

I'm here to cook curry not to read how u think uneducated people are retarded!!

Agree totally.  :)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2014, 11:11 AM »
So how come none of this guy's videos work?  Are the ones by JV from C2go the same?  If so I'll try the Chicken Madras later this week.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:28 AM by livo »

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2014, 12:21 PM »
So how come none of this guy's videos work? 

How don't they work Livo?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2014, 07:24 PM »
"Treat 'lot' and 'got' as if they were red hot".  "Gotten" is good Scots, but exists in Southern British English only in frozen phrases such as "ill-gotten gains".  Hey, a thought :  if the Scots gain their independence on Thursday, I could re-cast the preceding as "... in British English", omitting the "Southern" and saving a whole word  :)

Interesting, Phil. Can you explain how, or why, an independent Scotland would cease to be part of Britain, therefore cease to be British?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2014, 10:34 PM »

How don't they work Livo?

Any video link I can find that has his actual name on it comes up a s being no longer available or on subscriber channels.  I can't find any videos with the man involved.  The Voight vids work, but are these what we are talking about?

Offline RingStinger

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10 AM »
I really wish I could believe that a self-taught Briton could master (and teach) everything there is to know about BIR cookery.  Sadly I cannot.

** Phil.

I believe he has proper BIR chefs working for him Phil - or at least I seem to remember that being inferred at some point on here.

To be fair to Adey, he has a couple of Bangladeshi guys running the kitchen as far as I can see, so he should have a good idea of what he is talking about...

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2014, 08:43 AM »
Ringstinger

To be fair to Adey, he has a couple of Bangladeshi guys running the kitchen as far as I can see, so he should have a good idea of what he is talking about...

Does that mean that the Bangladeshi guys are top chefs or learner onion choppers or just there for show?

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2014, 08:59 AM »

He hasn't had Curried Away since July 13. He runs a cafe with his missus now for which the council refused him permission to do Indian meals although he has just announced that he is to open a new indian venture. The followings taken from the schoolhouse.

'The New Curried Away

Unread postby adeypayne
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:10 AM by Gav Iscon »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2014, 09:56 AM »
Interesting, Phil. Can you explain how, or why, an independent Scotland would cease to be part of Britain, therefore cease to be British?

"The Kingdom of Great Britain resulted from the union of the kingdoms of England (comprising modern-day England and Wales) and Scotland in 1707. Subsequently, in 1801, the Kingdom of Great Britain united with the neighbouring Kingdom of Ireland forming the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. When five-sixths of Ireland seceded from the United Kingdom in 1922, the state was renamed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

Since you (generic, = "some Scots") wish to secede from this union, if you (also generic) are successful in this aim it is clear that you will, by definition, no longer be a member of the Kingdom of Great Britain.  At which point you may cease exporting those ridiculously overpriced, overpackaged and overrated biscuits called "shortbread" and eat them all yourselves, to augment your otherwise impoverished diet of deep-fried battered Mars bars washed down by an uncountable number of wee hawff and hawffs.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes