Author Topic: Nazeebs - Bradford  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Korma Chameleon

• Chef
    • View Profile
Nazeebs - Bradford
« on: August 23, 2014, 12:09 AM »
I don't feel too old myself, but it proudly states outside that it opened in 1986, and I've been going there since that time, but not frequently enough that they ever got to know me. It was never a posh place, more like a cafe, 'pee from a distance' when you go to the loo type of thing. The food was to die for though, best ever. In the last few years they upgraded from cafe style and attempted the restaurant look, the son took over from the ageing chef. Being more one for a takeaway, I didn't go into the new restaurant part until recently. In some ways I'm quite upset that it marks the end of an era for me, because, after all these years, it's sure I'll never go back again. Maybe I got snobby or they just failed to move along with the times, but the experience was shocking.

To offer just an idea... imagine walking in, not long after opening, and seeing all the knives and forks laid out. You notice that the napkins are not neatly folded around them, but seem strangely squashed around them. So you look closer and see that the cutlery itself is dirty, as in used! You persuade yourself that it must be a table someone just left, so look for a clean table. But all the tables have used knives and forks laid out! At that point you can't quite bring yourself to believe this is quite right, surely there must be some other explanation, but no, when pointed out, the waiter (son) goes and changes our cutlery, but none of the rest, just ours. Before their restaurant upgrade they didn't offer cutlery, you ate with chapattis. Perhaps they should have stuck with that.

Believe me when I say I'll talk about this experience for years. The food has to be outstanding to cope with such things, and it no longer is, so never again.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Nazeebs - Bradford
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:41 AM »
was the knives and forks just stained with residue from washing - ie they hadn't been dried or buffed up with a clean cloth. Was it curry on them?

Looks like another good place has gone astray

best, Rich

Offline Korma Chameleon

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:39 PM »
It was curry, greasy. And the way the napkin was wrapped round them was all wrong; it was that that first got my attention. I don't really get it myself. I sat and discussed it with the person I was with. We were more shell shocked than anything, trying to think of logical reasons but finding none.

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 04:49 AM »
Hi
Sadly that is such an easy thing to avoid. Very poor reflection on kitchen management skills, looks like they just assume the dish wash will do it all.
Regards

©2024 Curry Recipes