Author Topic: What curry are you cooking tonight?  (Read 11922 times)

Offline Zap

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: What curry are you cooking tonight?
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2014, 08:09 AM »
rshome123 hi I also made snoopy final base as he was kind enough to mail it to me, I thought it made great curry and the parsnip made it very creamy for me :D I liked it very much as a madras.
Defiantly not a waste making a batch of his base.

Oh, the irony - I was going to make Snoopy's final base with parsnip, but it has taken me forever to get through the batch of the original clone base I had because I made extra.  In the meantime JB posted his TA experience.  Plus I've been diluting it to the consistency of JB's base - which has improved my results with it quite a bit.

I think after all the rave reviews, I am going to try JB's first.  I am still curious to try the parsnips at some point to see what their effects are on the flavor, too.

littlechilie

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Hi Zap you can't go wrong with Jb's base or the other great bases on this forum, but the parsnip is not the missing flavour but it did add a creamy ness to the dish.
Regards .

Offline rshome123

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11 PM »
rshome123 hi I also made snoopy final base as he was kind enough to mail it to me, I thought it made great curry and the parsnip made it very creamy for me :D I liked it very much as a madras.
Defiantly not a waste making a batch of his base.

Oh, the irony - I was going to make Snoopy's final base with parsnip, but it has taken me forever to get through the batch of the original clone base I had because I made extra.  In the meantime JB posted his TA experience.  Plus I've been diluting it to the consistency of JB's base - which has improved my results with it quite a bit.

I think after all the rave reviews, I am going to try JB's first.  I am still curious to try the parsnips at some point to see what their effects are on the flavor, too.

Indeed Zap... same situation for me. I had only just made a batch of the original "final" snoopy base, when at least 2 others popped up, then the 'BIR Curries' wild goose chase forum experiment (which I tried ... it's ok but not quite there).  Now JB's base. 

I'm almost afraid to make a batch of JB's base in case a new recipe appears the day after.  Will try making smaller quantities in future.

©2024 Curry Recipes