Author Topic: Curry Farewell Feast  (Read 15960 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Curry Farewell Feast
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2014, 10:13 PM »
I understand that the body reacts to capsaicin in unusual ways.  It is an irritant to most animals, hence capsicum spray, and anyone who has ever touched their eyes or ugly bits after handling even a mild one will appreciate this.  It is remarkable that the substance is somewhat addictive since while we shouldn't care to repeat uncomfortable sensations, we do anyway.

The 2 Davids :
When I was at college we had an "ornamental" chilli plant that would cover itself in tiny little red fruits that were actually incredibly hot.  A couple in a dish, even without the seeds, would spike the whole thing right up, yet we had a friend (David) who could just pick them and eat them straight.  Not just one but he had no need to stop.

I have another friend (David) who used to deliberately order his Mexican food and Pizzas with extra heat, so much so that the sweat would run from his brow and drip off the end of his nose as he ate them. 

I find it incredible that some chillies require the wearing of protective gloves to prepare a dish, yet there is somebody capable of eating it.

A month ago I was given a box of chilli chocolates for Father's Day by my daughter. It had 12 chocolates being 3 of each in Mild, Warm, Hot and Extreme.  The mild was not much more than chocolate. The warm you could feel the chilli but the taste was good.  The hot was as much as I wanted to try and I only ate 1.  Needles to say the 3 Extreme chocolates await some fool stupid or drunk enough to put it in their mouth.

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2014, 10:43 PM »
I would be that stooopid fool  :o

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 07:28 PM »
I would be that stooopid fool  :o

Me too  :)

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 07:41 PM »
I've been known to participate  ;)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 08:03 PM »
I like chocolate and i love my chillis.  What is an accepted "good combinaton" gets a big  >:( from me. I cant think of anything more horrid other than chilli in beer  :o .  I've tried that too and that was proper ***t*  :(  A waste of good beer and chillis  ::)

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2014, 11:00 PM »
Live on hot and spicy food and have to have a fix of sweet, usually chocolate for dessert. yum :P

I think it originates from good old school BIR's serving a strong Cona coffee with thick cream
and a Rowntree's After Eight Mint to finish the meal.

But Chilli Chocolates I've tried, don't really hit the spot for me.

My corner shop sells Lindt brand, which is good, but you couldn't say it was spicy
more of a mild chilli trace/aftertaste.

Naga Truffles, probably someone's work in progress somewhere ;)

cheers Chewy

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2014, 02:36 AM »
I can't say it is something I'd hurry to try again either. While not unpleasant to eat, I do prefer the 2 separately.  If the Hot ones are anything to go by, I won't be trying the Extreme.  Sometimes unusual flavour combinations create a unique and surprising creation, for example; cheese and coffee.

©2024 Curry Recipes