Author Topic: Scorpion Chicken Reaper Jhalfrezi  (Read 8712 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Scorpion Chicken Reaper Jhalfrezi
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 09:01 PM »
That curry looks lovely, MA! Really nice! Wouldn't mind a plateful along with a few Cobras! :)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Andy. Just made a Chicken moruga bhuna using fresh scorpion chillies supplied by Foo King Hot.  Tasty, but not even close to the chilli heat of a typical fresh green naga from my local Bengali supermarkets.  Guess there could be quite a bit of variation; seasonal, quality, etc. on these super-chillies.

Rob  :)     

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 09:01 PM »
Andy. Just made a Chicken moruga bhuna using fresh scorpion chillies supplied by Foo King Hot.  Tasty, but not even close to the chilli heat of a typical fresh green naga from my local Bengali supermarkets.  Guess there could be quite a bit of variation; seasonal, quality, etc. on these super-chillies.

I have noticed a lot of variation Rob , the moruga has hit 2 million shu with an average of 1.2 million(ish), the reaper has hit 2.2 million but averages 1.59, a great variation in heat levels. That is the trouble with super hots, they do vary. Even down to the 350.000-450,000 range , the choc hab  is a wonderfully fruity hot and tasty chilli but recently I have had a couple of "duds" with no heat whatsoever, very disappointing .
As the superhots become more popular it makes me wonder what strain and quality of chilli we are actually buying  . I have been on an internet search for some more reapers and after a lot of emails have tracked some down. One farm didn't have any because of "fake" strain of seeds and when they tested the heat levels were very disappointed , but they did say they have the proper seeds from smoking eds now and would email me when ready. If I get the true strain of reapers Rob I will send some out to you, they are amazing  ;)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21 PM »
Tasty, but not even close to the chilli heat of a typical fresh green naga from my local Bengali supermarkets.

I don't recall the scorpion chicken reaper jhalfrezi been as hot a curry as the naga naga one I made containing dried nagas, naga masala powder, naga chilli powder and naga pickle, but as I said would anything even taste hot after eating a fresh reaper chilli? But I do recall the naga curry nearly making me hallucinate , maybe the nagas work better in a curry?

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 09:41 PM »
I've just emailed FKH to enquire about the whereabouts of the Fatalii I ordered.  They've sent me two bags.  Moruga red and yellow.  If the red are anything to go by the yellow ones will end up in service onions.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2014, 09:51 PM »
Let me know how you get on with them, looks like I may remove the foo king hot bookmark. If my chillis turn out good I will send you some, I have 6 varieties on order all 1 million +

Well Ive spent all night making a batch of base and now cant be arsed to make a curry, damn beer, roll on tomorrow night, I am so craving a hot spicy fix ! And I will get one  ;) although mrs MA wont let let me use a superhot, Im sure I can settle for a Madras or my names not....!!  ;D

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 10:26 PM »
Good man Andy.  I can send you some of my dry reserve ghost/butch-T flake.  Immense depth of flavour and brutally hot.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Sounds like a plan there Rob !, nice one. Still waiting to hear when my fresh chillis will be delivered, I am led to believe that he will be posting on Monday , fingers crossed. As soon as I receive them I will post some to you  :)

Offline hammer6

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 08:45 AM »
I can feel the heat from here, jeeeezus! looks good though!

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 08:41 PM »
A friend of Step-Garp, who is a trainee chef, brought me a little bottle of chilli sauce tonight. Had a half teaspoon and it started off nice but had a build up of heat, which wasn't uncomfortable but quite spicy.

He also left me a dried Moruga Scorpion Chilli. What the feck am I supposed to do with that?

©2024 Curry Recipes