Author Topic: Indian Styles for beginners.  (Read 15954 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Styles for beginners.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Emm balti paste 

When I first started out making "English" curry I was told to use paste and although it did taste horrible it certainly did work and I feel equally important as the spice mix

As for it being used in brum balti I'm not convinced.

We need Bengali bob or other local member to ask the question.

The difficulty I have is that all those ingredients are already covered in the base and gm. Why add work if you don't need to.

It would be a major step forward to know if they do. If it is I am sure it would be made not bought.

I do know that my fav BIR makes sauces to make their main dishes - the principle is not that potty.

Ps 130g deserves to go out of busines

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Styles for beginners.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 09:13 PM »
Paste may or may not be a BIR thing, but it is Indian traditional from what I can gather.  All I can say is that I had fun making it, although I'd probably only make half as much next time.  Plus the first time I used it in a test sauce I was really happy with the result.

I again point out that I most likely have absolutely no idea of the taste of a BIR dish or a BRUM Balti, unless the industry over here is a copy and I don't know about it.  I just enjoy this style of cooking and I'm really liking what I make.

©2024 Curry Recipes