Author Topic: Super Hots  (Read 11447 times)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Super Hots
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 08:45 AM »
Well we had the chillis last night , what a great night, very strange too. Never even got to make a curry as the heat of the chilli supressed the appetite . Plenty of beer to wash them down with.
Went to bed feeling drunk and very "high" from chilli rush, very euphoric, then drifted off into a deeply relaxed sleep.
Woke up at stupid o'clock with stomach cramps, rushed to the bathroom , nothing ,sat there for a good 15 minutes until the cramps subsided, went back to bed and straight to sleep. But was awoken again with stomach cramps, worse than the first time, a lot worse, again rushed to the bathroom and again nothing, sat doubled over until I could stand the pain no longer and I had to make myself sick, numerous times aarrrggghhhhh. After emptying my stomach the pain was gone and back to sleep I went, in my bed and not cuddling the toilet!

Points to myself-
1 Don't drink alcohol on an empty stomach
2 Don't eat superhot chillis on an empty stomach
3 Don't eat superhot chillis and not eat afterwards
4 Don't drink excessive alcohol
5 DON'T EAT CAROLINA REAPER CHILLIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craving a curry this morning though, a nice hot one  ;)

I'll write a report on the chillis once I find the notes from last night

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 10:06 AM »
MA
That's a good way to enjoy yourself
Any Hullucinating ;D

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 10:17 AM »
No hallucinating NOx , upto the point of waking up during the night it had been a great night, very enjoyable indeed.

Offline dammag

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 10:26 AM »
At least it should have taken care of any worms you may have had  ;D

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 02:43 AM »

Some may feel it's light-hearted banter but, in my opinion, the underlying message is one of drip-drip bullying

Which drip do you think they're bullying?

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 07:56 AM »
All Chillis were bought from Yorkshire Chillies, thanks Nigel for a great service  :)

The Naga Viper and the Nagalah both had a slow heat build up and then a long body and tongue burn.
The Brainstrain also very similar but hotter and more lip burn
The SR Strain was instant tongue burn , prob the mildest one  :o
The Moruga was a beast , pretty evil, all over the tongue burn, lasted quite a while too
The Reaper for me was the most evil and lasted for what seemed like hours, back of throat been the worst affected.

They are hard to judge what was hottest, between 2 of us we both had different results.
I thought the Reaper was hottest where as my mate said the Nagalah was.
I rated the Viper but my mate said that was the mildest.
We both agreed that the Moruga was 2nd hottest and the Brainstrain 3rd hottest.

Any way think that is the last of the fresh chilli eating for a while, we will use them in curries every Friday but after the severe stomach cramps I woke up with I wont be eating them raw  :o
At least until I forget how much they hurt  ;)

P.S Received a text yesterday of my mate and he too had severe stomach cramps and was also sick !! That made me feel better  ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:44 AM by Madrasandy »

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 08:06 AM »
Any way think that is the last of the fresh chilli eating for a while, we will use them in curries every Friday but after the severe stomach cramps I woke up with I wont be eating them raw  :o
At least until I forget how much they hurt  ;)

Which, if its any thing like the effects of beer the next day, will be next Friday night.  ;D

Its funny that if anyone's, ever been bad on seafood etc, its definitely never again, won't touch it with a barge pole etc etc. With beer, you're normally back on it within a couple of days.  :-\

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Its funny that if anyone's, ever been bad on seafood etc, its definitely never again, won't touch it with a barge pole etc etc.

I dunno.
My ex Mrs once made me some smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches that travelled with me on the train from  Wales to London, then another 11 hours in the footwell of the the van during a snowy winter on route to a gig in Germany somewhere.
I got peckish just before we arrived.  ::)
I was sick before the gig, during the break and again after the gig! Managed to stop myself from throwing up over the drums a few times on stage whilst doing impressions of Dizzy Gillespie.  ;D
Staggered back to my room trembling and couldn't stop shaking in bed.
Must've passed out at some point, but was still ready for breakfast when I woke up.  :P

And I still eat both fish and cheese to this day.  ;D

And back ON topic,
Tried to make a hot curry last night with,
Dried nagas
Naga masala
Dried reds
Dried kashmiri
Chilli flakes
Chilli powder
Fresh green chilies
And some Mr naga.

It was barely warm.  ::)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37 AM »

Tried to make a hot curry last night with,
Dried nagas
Naga masala
Dried reds
Dried kashmiri
Chilli flakes
Chilli powder
Fresh green chilies
And some Mr naga.

It was barely warm.  ::)

Blooming heck DP that should have been an inferno!! I have been disappointed on a few occasions when the heat levels never delivered what they should have done  :(
Maybe you should go and try "The Widower" , I think Darth Naga can vouch for its heat level !

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 10:45 AM »

Maybe you should go and try "The Widower" , I think Darth Naga can vouch for its heat level !

I think I need to after last nights mild curry!
Was funny watching the chilli expert struggle and give up in that programme.  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes