Author Topic: Who is Livo?  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Who is Livo?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:44 PM »
And learn to ignore George, as best you can, and you'll get on fine.  ;)

Better still, acknowledge that George has an incredibly difficult job as moderator (a task which he carries out conscientiously and to the very best of his ability), congratulate him when he succeeds, and commiserate with him rather than criticise him if on the odd occasion he might fail.  He is, after all, human, just like the rest of us, and if you had had the pleasure of dining with him and Michael T. in The Agra, you would have discovered that he is, in fact, a very pleasant chap indeed.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:06 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 02:52 PM »
Nice intro livo - yes your hunch was right and I would count myself as one of the members who took issue with CA towards the end of his reign and prior to his setting up of a new dictatorship, erm I mean forum.

There is a nice core of current members (new and long standing) who are regular contributors. I hope it continues.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40 PM »
Here here Phil

George does have a terrible job to do - and I THINK HE DOES A GOOD JOB - better than most would do on a forum.

I agree with Stephen there is a great core membership here - some good with words (beyond me sometimes) some great chef's making this just the place to be - I do hope CBM - Mick takes time out to make an appearance - with his busy life - valued in my opinion

best, Rich

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 03:50 PM »
And Im not Phil  ;)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 05:06 PM »
I think I just arrived here as CA was departing, so I. don't really know the history (and can't be bothered looking). But he has provided me with the go-to Korma recipe. Unbeatable in my opinion.

Not that I'm a Korma lover, but I can appreciate it once in a while.

I think I would consider myself a medium/hottish person. Certainly not in the super hot league. I maintain that if a curry is too hot, the taste receptors in one's gob will be unable to identify the underlying flavours of the dish. I could be wrong (it has been known), and any scientific evidence to the contrary will be humbly acknowledged.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 05:22 PM »
And I'm not Phil  ;)
And there are at least two of us that are very glad about that :)
** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:58 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 06:34 PM »
Hi livo,
Hope you enjoy the site  :)

Regards Graeme.

Offline macferret

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 07:40 PM »
Rich - I forgot you were on this site. There I was blathering on about how you cook curry in pans/woks or something without realizing that you were perfectly capable of telling us yourself. It was on the recent bulk cooking thread. If you have any pearls of wisdom on the subject you might want to cast them before us. (Maybe you already have - I can't actually find the thread myself now. Having one of those days....)
Cheers,
Tim

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Hi livo, and welcome to the forum  ;)

There is nothing wrong with liking kormas, personally though I really don't like them, but hey-ho each to their own

I maintain that if a curry is too hot, the taste receptors in one's gob will be unable to identify the underlying flavours of the dish.

Have to disagree with you there Garp, as you become accustomed to the heat levels dishes so do your taste buds  :)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 09:27 PM »
I maintain that if a curry is too hot, the taste receptors in one's gob will be unable to identify the underlying flavours of the dish.

Have to disagree with you there Garp, as you become accustomed to the heat levels dishes so do your taste buds  :)
[/quote]

I did go on to say, which you have characteristically avoided, Andy,

I could be wrong (it has been known), and any scientific evidence to the contrary will be humbly acknowledged.

©2024 Curry Recipes