Author Topic: Side bonus. Best ever fried chicken recipe!!!  (Read 12689 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Side bonus. Best ever fried chicken recipe!!!
« on: October 29, 2014, 11:55 PM »
Well you never know what you'll find trekking around the WWW and I just happen to have stumbled upon what I think is the best home cooked fried chicken recipe I've ever seen, prepared and tasted.  I'm not alone in this claim as my family, especially the young males, couldn't get enough of it.

It surprisingly came from my searching for different chicken kormas and I stumbled across this recipe on one of the Indian Cookery sites I found.  Once I'm on a site for a particular thing I usually have a look around at what else they have to offer. This was a real side bonus.

I followed the recipe exactly first time and the results are outstanding even if it is a lot of work.  Second time I sort of combined step 1 and 2 together and did the whole thing in a lot less time and really it didn't make too much difference. I also used my home made chicken seasoning but you could use whatever takes your fancy here.

Brilliant. I'll never buy fried chicken again.

http://khadizaskitchen.com/2014/03/06/crispy-fried-chicken/

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Side bonus. Best ever fried chicken recipe!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:49 AM »
Looks good!

I will definitely give this one a try

Regards

Mickey

Offline mike_67

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 12:44 PM »
Yea, looks awesome, i'll try this one too :) Thanks!

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:48 PM »
It's a good one, and I prepared 2 kg of breast yesterday and we had it for dinner last night as I fed 10 people.  This time my daughter asked for some to be done with less spice so I did, and it turned out pretty good as well. Same process but just omitted most (nearly all) of the spicing.

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 08:53 PM »
fried chicken...mmmm...finger lickin good

here's some i made earlier

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 08:55 PM »
lookin' good there mojo.  I love it cold as well.

Offline chillihothot

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 11:21 AM »
Could this be the real thing?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Are you thinking what I think your thinking? Pretty close I'd say.

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 08:21 PM »
that's looking excellent - timing couldn't be better as i've been trying to find a kfc-alike for a while now, i've tried the Kenny McGovern chicken (author of The Takeaway Secret range of books) and it was nice, and the kfc-challenge recipe that the Guardian website covered a few years back (http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2009/jul/24/kfc-secret-recipe-revealed).

thanks for the share

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 08:39 PM »
I wasn't going to suggest that this is a KFC copy but obviously others feel the same way I did when I first tried it.  Over many years I have tried many copycat recipes and found them, by and large, to be way off. Most seem to be put together by anybody who could think of 11 different herbs and spices and some are just plain dreadful.  There is even a website supposedly dedicated to the product and my multiple attempts to join the forum failed.  I'm not sure if it's a tease or what?  I Can provide the link if anybody's interested. You can read some things but not participate at all without membership.

I felt, immediately upon eating this chicken, that this was a big step in the general direction and I'm sure a little tweaking will come up with a very close result.  I added a little cumin into final flour mix of my last batch and as I said, also made a less spiced one as well.  I think the addition of a few chicken friendly Herbs rather than more spice may help but only in small amount.

Of course there is one thing that most of us will not be able to do and that is Pressure Fry.

I've been combining steps 1 and 2 and doing the whole prep in a couple of hours with results that don't seem to differ much from the full outlined prep so you can short cut it if pressed for time.

©2024 Curry Recipes