Author Topic: Pilau Rice  (Read 20915 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Pilau Rice
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Hi naga you could try leaving the spices longer infusing in the oil. Think I left them for about 10 minutes on a slow simmer. I also left the rice to fry in the oil for maybe 2 or 3 minutes before adding the water. Should have told you this beforehand. Sorry mate  :-\

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 07:26 PM »
No bother, Mick. To be fair, I had a good few distractions while I was making the rice, so I wasn't giving it 100% attention. At least I got 7 very-decent single portions out of the batch, so I won't be making any more for a week or so, but I'll bear your advice in mind for the next time.

In the meantime, SP's rice complimented the main event very nicely! :)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 10:31 AM »
That looks so tasty- my stomach is rumbling Big Time  :o :o.  Wouldn't mind trying CT's recipe. Have you got a link please naga and any tweaks for it maybe if any?

Regards
Mick

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 12:08 PM »
...Have you got a link please naga and any tweaks for it maybe if any?...

There's two links for Chewy's Jal Jal Murgh, Mick: Chewy's Midnight Snack 16, and my effort at the dish.

I based it mainly on Chewy's Madras with some elements of Jalfrezi included. I have to say that last night's frozen portion was much better and richer-tasting than the freshly-cooked dish, proving that maturity matters.

I also added a couple of heaped teaspoons of Patak's Mixed Pickle to last night's curry as, for some reason, I can't get enough of the stuff at the moment! :)

PM sent.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 03:19 PM »
Great rice recipe- many thanks.

©2024 Curry Recipes