Author Topic: Pilau Rice  (Read 20707 times)

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Pilau Rice
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:20 PM »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pilau Rice
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 10:34 PM »
That's good looking rice sp. I'll have to give it a go.  Just out of interest do you do pressure cook pilau?  I did Julian's PC method the other day and was pretty happy with it.  I'm also going to try the Kris Dhillon in the microwave as suggested by phil, I think it was.

Why wrap the lid in a tea towel? Is that just to ensure a good seal or is there another purpose?

littlechilie

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:47 PM »
Looks good , I find bulk cooking rice is a precise beast.

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 10:51 PM »
the restaurant doesn't pressure cook, that's where the pics are from.  at home i usually use julians pressure cook method for rice and it works great, as does the microwave method (i use that for savoury rice sachets!)

i'm out of space in my freezer(s!) to stockpile more rice so i'm just doing one offs as required in the pan at the moment.  in a moment of madness i did buy a kenwood rice cooker from a car boot sale but as you can't use the cooker insert for cooking pilau in case you scrape off the non-stick coating i keep that for plain boiled rice just to feel like it wasnt a total waste of

littlechilie

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:36 AM »
Sp, that's a nice looking pot of onions  8)

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 08:20 AM »
I've been in a few kitchens but NEVER seen as many onions in a pot. That is incredible.
Thanks for posting

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 07:37 PM »
probably makes it look more as they were quartered rather than sliced... it was a bugger peeling them though!

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 07:38 PM »
probably makes it look more as they were quartered rather than sliced... it was a bugger peeling them though!
  dutch onions for the record

Offline Stanley88

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Looks tasty!
I was cooking it before in a ricecooker, but I didn't like that it can only cook rice, was taking too much space and my kitchen is small.
So I got a multicooker Redmond m4502, brand new with a lot of functions. I was really impressed that I can cook rice in it for so short time and it will be so soft and tasty.
Will try your recipe today, thank you for sharing!
Have a nice holidays

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Here we go again.  Another first-time poster who just "happens" to have bought a R@dm0nd mult1c00ker.  I don't know how much R@dm0nd pays you for these facile attempts at product placement, but however much it is, it's too much.  You're just too transparent and obvious, and the only result is that forum members are even less likely to buy one than they were before you guys (you are the third, by that way) started trying to promote them.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes