Author Topic: Suggestion - pioneer of the year award  (Read 41168 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Suggestion - pioneer of the year award
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:40 PM »
I nominate SP for 2014 and H4C, retrospectively for 2013, for their significant contributions towards the overall mission.

The exact award name and other details will need to be worked out, if others feel that the basic idea is worth pursuing. What do you think?

Who would you nominate?

We could also have a dummy prize for the person who's done most to set us back and throw a spanner in the works. I nominate CA for both 2013 and 2014.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion - pioneer of the year award
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 08:04 PM »
I agree that H4C gets it for 2013.

ScottyM for 2014, for some cracking Chinese recipes.

Dummy Prize for throwing spanners in the works? Probably George :P

Offline sp

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 08:16 PM »
eh?!?!  me????  :o  thank you but i really don't deserve it, but i'm flattered that you would think so!

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Nice sentiment, however to compare one members contributions against another member would not be "pc".  I think all those members who do "go that extra mile" and provide that "BIR pearl of wisdom" will know how much it is appreciated by the feedback from us all.

As for

We could also have a dummy prize for the person who's done most to set us back and throw a spanner in the works. I nominate CA for both 2013 and 2014.

Unnecessary and not what I would expect from this forum.  Leave that sort of thing to the other site.  Have we not learnt, the more of a mention there is, the more he looks on and smiles.  Time to leave this one alone.  And obviously, you really did ask for this George. 

Dummy Prize for throwing spanners in the works? Probably George :P

Always good to think things the whole way through before proceeding to push the post button  ::)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Nice sentiment, however to compare one members contributions against another member would not be "pc". 

Does that mean that the New Year's Honours List is not PC, or the Olympic Games, or the Nobel Peace prize, or  snooker, or ... or ... or ... ?!  I see no reason why "contributor of the year" should not be as valid as any of these, so I am in favour of the idea.  As for "the most disruptive" member, any attempt to identify such a person is likely to lead to even more disruption than the nominees caused in the first place, so I think this one might be better left out.

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 09:57 PM »
eh?!?!  me????  :o  thank you but i really don't deserve it, but i'm flattered that you would think so!

Yes, I'm serious. The huge collection of photos you have from inside that BIR is amazing, and one of the most significant things I've ever seen in terms of our search for the way things are done in a BIR. Your videos and recipes make it even better. One guy published a book called 'undercover curry' but he never showed us evidence like that. Your contribution seems a lot more credible.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Rather than quote everything Curryhell said at Reply #3, let me just say that I agree entirely with your comments, Dave.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 10:34 PM »
The best thing about this forum is that we can't agree on anything!  ;D

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 10:48 PM »

Who would you nominate?

David Livingstone (posthumous award of course) and a fellow Scot. ;D

littlechilie

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 11:32 PM »
Nice thread George  ;) but SS, is spot on the money ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes