Author Topic: Suggestion - pioneer of the year award  (Read 41160 times)

Offline macferret

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion - pioneer of the year award
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Jeez - what is it with you guys? It's not healthy - this place is like a psychiatric case study. I'm offski.
BCNU.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2014, 08:43 PM »

. I'd even go as far as welcoming Bruce/CA back. What do others think?
I already did.
Noble ox, how is banning Aussies a sensible suggestion? I wasn't here when all this happened and couldn't care less about it. It's infantile behaviour and appalling for adults to go on in this fashion.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2014, 08:47 PM »
What gets me is one of the banned members who was suggested for
the "pioneer of the year award" by ****** posted a picture of
another members wife and kids with the text...sorry I decided not to post the text.

(background)
The members on-line at the time kicked up a big stink and the picture and text
was remove after about 30 mins by the poster. The next day after some more
"arrogant self patter" and what seemed to me to be a challenge to the owner
of this site "go on ban me then" he was indeed no more.

Some long standing members seem to have forgotten this
shameful incident and I can't quite get my head around what award this guy
should be up for.

Cooking bread with a pan, was on You Tube long before his post anyway.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 08:04 AM by Graeme »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Some long standing members seem to have forgotten this
shameful incident and I can't quite get my head around what award this guy
should be up.

You make a fair point and I admit I'd forgotten about that. On the other hand, I'm always keen to forgive, forget and move on.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2014, 09:15 PM »
I'd even go as far as welcoming Bruce/CA back. What do others think?

I think that if you want to welcome anyone back, that is your indisputable and inalienable right, George.  But I also think that if I were to wake up and discover that /I/ had proposed to welcome him back, I would be seeking an urgent review of my medication as soon as the surgery re-opens on Monday morning.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:48 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2014, 09:21 PM »
I do seem to recall some posting of another member's family - perhaps someone  could post details.

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2014, 09:33 PM »
it appears that this great forum could be going to the dogs...and the disruptive dogs know who they are...
no names mentioned...

maybe it is time for some moderation and close this thread before any irreversible harm is done to both potential members and current members who are totally cheesed off with the utter verbal diarrhoea spouted of late.

I have recommended this forum to many a friend and hopefully they can take the good aspects from here and disregard the bitter "fighting"

curry on people..and good night.....

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2014, 09:46 PM »
I do seem to recall some posting of another member's family - perhaps someone  could post details.

Maybe a PM from someone who knows what happened would be better if your really interested.  Old bones, sleeping dogs, etc etc.  I can't see how reviving this would be at all helpful really, and I don't need to know the details.  It's the old argument of the Media being able to replay things that have been the cause of legal action over the original publication.  Which does the most damage?

Phil, as you are no doubt aware many newer members, myself included, weren't around when this all happened and are mostly a bit bewildered by the intensity of the apparent hatred.  There must have been some ugly things posted for this to be such a deep wound.  I have seen some examples posted recently but really I don't see the need for the ongoing emotional turmoil.  I'm not trying to convince you or anybody else that your feelings are wrong.  However, this whole thread is very sad really, and unfortunately it has drawn a big crowd of onlookers due to the human condition.

Bruce/CA if it is you, I suppose it is your decision to either stay or not, unless of course someone else makes this decision for you.  Personally I have no objection and should you choose to stay and participate in the furthering of cooking, then all the good for it.  After all it is what the site is about.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2014, 09:54 PM »
Phil, as you are no doubt aware many newer members, myself included, weren't around when this all happened and are mostly a bit bewildered by the intensity of the apparent hatred.  There must have been some ugly things posted for this to be such a deep wound.  I have seen some examples posted recently but really I don't see the need for the ongoing emotional turmoil.  I'm not trying to convince you or anybody else that your feelings are wrong.  However, this whole thread is very sad really, and unfortunately it has drawn a big crowd of onlookers due to the human condition.

Forget what's happened in the past, Livo -- that is water under the bridge.  Just read the posts from "Bruce" today, and ask yourself whether he appears to have anything useful to contribute to this forum, or whether his sole motivation for posting is to cause as much trouble as he possibly can here, whilst at the same time ensuring (by banning anyone who has the temerity to argue with him, or even to express a different point of view) that his own forum remains dispute-free (and therefore sterile, as a result).

** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2014, 09:58 PM »

Forget what's happened in the past, Livo -- that is water under the bridge.  Just read the posts from "Bruce" today, and ask yourself whether he appears to have anything useful to contribute to this forum, or whether his sole motivation for posting is to cause as much trouble as he possibly can here, whilst at the same time ensuring (by banning anyone who has the temerity to argue with him, or even to express a different point of view) that his own forum remains dispute-free (and therefore sterile, as a result).

** Phil.

Hear hear.

©2024 Curry Recipes