Author Topic: Should I bother with the ebooks?  (Read 7115 times)

Offline cawsandcook

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Should I bother with the ebooks?
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 05:04 PM »
I agree the ebooks from CBM are excellent and both vol1 and vol2 are well worth having. I also rate the books from Julian Voigt C2G - in particular there are many insights into technique which I personally have found extremely valuable (particularly in vol2). I spent a lot of time searching for this, that and another special ingredient but in reality it was my technique that was at fault - Julians books have helped greatly here.The price of these books is cheap and there are associated video links which I again have found invaluable.
I also agree with the previous comments the 1TBSP mix powder is a little excessive (at least for my taste) - but this will depend a little on the base gravy recipe you are using.
Regards
John

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 03:53 PM »
The ebooks to have for a beginner are CBM's British Indian Restaurant style cooking 1 and 2 and the Glasgow Indian Takeaway book from Alex.

Both nice guys - both documented as it is in a takeaway.

best, Rich

Ditto. You know you're gettin the real thing- you see it happen in front of you!

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 10:10 PM »
It depends how much time you have and how far you want to get

Ebooks are a short cut but they won't get you to journeys end.

I have the curry2go and enjoyed reading it. Made nothing from it. The mogul video is a personal fav.

Better to me is to treat as a jig saw and tackle each piece in turn starting with making the base right (chewytikka 3 hr video).

Then search the site and ask when your stuck.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 10:27 PM »
Mod pls delete this blank message, thanks.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 11:28 PM »
But it isn't blank. 

Reminds me of formal exams which have a page that says "This page left blank deliberately". ;D
or the letter my father had that advised him to contact the sender immediately if he didn't receive it. :o :o

©2024 Curry Recipes