Author Topic: Aamchi Mumbai Indian Restaurant. Cheadle  (Read 2670 times)

Offline rachil

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Aamchi Mumbai Indian Restaurant. Cheadle
« on: November 12, 2014, 11:47 AM »
If you could travel to Cheadle then i would suggest a lovely place where you can enjoy authentic Indian food. Its name is Aamchi Mumbai. You'll love the interiors and the attendants are also very friendly. Be there.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Aamchi Mumbai Indian Restaurant. Cheadle
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Cheadle where? - south Manchester or Staffordshire?

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 08:12 PM »
rachil - your post looks like self promotion, or spam in other words. I will delete this thread and your account unless you can persuade us that you are a genuine customer.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 09:28 PM »
well said George.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:17 PM »
I see it is in Cheadle Cheshire from google - Tripadvisor write ups seem favourable /  complimentary in the main with quite a few from asian diners visiting from  the likes of Bradford.

I may give it whirl to see if it is worth adding to my potential local eateries

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 12:16 PM »
Well, a year after I said I would go there, I finally made it last night.  Didn't bother booking 'cos it was 6:55 pm on a Thursday.   Secured the last table for 2 - place was full by 7:15 pm.  Obviously very popular.   Upmarket, tasty menu - Indian fusion / nouvelle cuisine meets Bombay street food is how I would describe it.  Not an extensive menu and won't be to everyones taste.  Good atmosphere, friendly helpful staff.  Worth a visit to try something different.  Essential to book. A good plus for the location is it has its own car park.  This style of delivery though is done far better and tastier at the nearby Indian Tiffin Room.

Interestingly, talking to an Indian guy (customer) in the Jai Kathmandu in Northenden a week ago, he told me the excellent Seven Spices (owners were originally the Gaylord proprietors in Manchester) in Cheadle Hulme had closed down 3 months ago - probably due to the popularity of the Aamchi Mumbai and the Tiffin Room.

©2024 Curry Recipes