Author Topic: Pizza sauce  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza sauce
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 06:35 AM »
Thanks ELW this is all new to me, let's just see if I understood right. Are we talking about a frying pan?  Are you saying you put the oil in the pan, then roll the dough to fit the pan and put it in there with the oil and leave it alone till it rises to fill the pan? 

I think I got the rest ok, just a bit unsure about the whole pan / dough / oil thing.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 06:55 AM »
I found this video, so I think this might be the type of pan you mean

http://youtu.be/qFaheHPu-i8

Interesting fast food places like this don't have time to allow the dough to rise in the pan before topping. Their dough must have mega amounts of yeast to get the rise in the oven, without proving in the pan first. Guess the oil is just enough to line the pan?

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 06:30 PM »
I've never had a pan pizza from Domino's sverige, but Pizza Hut pan bases are thicker than that & use oil in the pan for the base.
The Domino's doughballs have could been proofed/allowed to rise, then refrigerated, or left in a proofer for days during a lull, before topping. They'll use production line methods for this for sure.

From the video, yes that's the pan you want. Black apparently absorbs more heat. For a P Hut clone though, only finger dock the centre, leaving a crust(also oiled when placed in the pre oiled pan  :)) which will rise & brown.
Some say 500 degree oven, but I found a preheated 450 - 475 degree oven stopped the crust cooking too quickly

Regards
ELW

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Whilst I haven't eaten a pizza for four years or so, and if don't eat one for another four years I won't be shedding any tears, what never ceases to amaze me about this site is the wealth of knowledge and expertise of its members and the willingness to share.
Whilst some sites are on BIR lockdown, although CR0 is the authority on BIR, without the hype given by an e-book, it does allow its members to share their other culinary skills and knowledge.  If i ever want to cook pizzas, or chinese for that matter, i'll be starting my education here  ;D
Keep up the good work curry chefs  ::)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 07:05 PM »
+1 :)

©2024 Curry Recipes