Author Topic: Spot the difference  (Read 1799 times)

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Spot the difference
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:23 AM »
Order a meal in your favourite Bir and eat there then order the same as a delivered take-away from the same place,they should taste the same ,same methods and chef
Do they both taste the same ?
From my findings no and there is a good reason,any experiences to share on this and why the difference ;D

Offline leodis1970

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Spot the difference
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Cost? Freshness? Overall aroma in restaurant, Atmosphere? Could be any of those and probably lot of other possibilities that I've not thought of.

Offline benmitchell88

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 01:07 AM »
Noticed this myself on many an occasion nobleox... I find usually dishes that are ordered from the same restaurant and cooked by the same chef for a  takeaway seem to be thinner and runnier from my local hence why I only eat in now.  I must admit though, the overall atmosphere, smells from the kitchen and waft of other dishes being served nearby do add a certain something  ;)

Offline macferret

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Interesting. This might be to do with portion size. Takeaway portions have increased over the last 20 years, at least in my experience. But I expect they are still serving the restaurant curries in the same dishes.  If I were a chef who had to produce a 650 ml or 750 ml portion to put in a take-away tub (as opposed to a 500 ml portion to serve at table) I would tend to make more sauce and add more gravy.

©2024 Curry Recipes