Author Topic: The simplest pulao yet ("less is more", continued).  (Read 2185 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
  • Global Moderator
  • Blessèd are those with an open mind ...
    • View Profile
    • The Westberry Hotel / Hôi~An Restaurant
The simplest pulao yet ("less is more", continued).
« on: November 22, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Having stocked up with some remaindered Waitrose Indian and Asian pre-prepared main meal dishes at the beginning of the week, and wanting one of them for a quick lunch yesterday, I decided to abandon my normal pulao rice régime and try something simpler and quicker. I gave one cup of basmati rice a good wash in a rice sieve in two changes of water, gave it a quick shake to get rid of excess water, then straight into a Pyrex® casserole dish with lid into which I had already put a little Tesco chilli-infused (olive) oil.  On top of the rice I added some Tesco garlic-infused (olive) oil, about three star anise, one whole clove of garlic, a little sea salt, a little MSG, and then covered it with boiling water to a depth of 1/3".  Into the microwave oven (850W) for 12 minutes, then allowed it to steam for a further 20 minutes at 10%.  Eaten with the Panang chicken curry, the rice was good but not outstanding; that evening, though, when I felt peckish and saw there was some rice left in the casserole dish, it was absolutely superb.  So good, in fact, that I ate every last grain, completely cold, and added just a little lime pickle towards the end to give it extra zing.  Super pulao rice, and so so simple to prepare.  Try it.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:46 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »
Ogham's law :  The probable value of a message varies inversely as the number of emoticons and/or emoji that it contains.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: The simplest pulao yet ("less is more", continued).
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:11 PM »
Great work phil, always a nice feeling when you try something new and it works  :)
You cant beat the heat

©2021 Curry Recipes