Author Topic: Little Aladian Cafe, at side of Arndale Centre in Manchester  (Read 1962 times)

Offline tommy99

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Little Aladian Cafe, at side of Arndale Centre in Manchester
« on: December 29, 2014, 01:48 PM »
My wife and I went there for lunch on our first date 20 ago and always rememberer how good the curries were. We went back to Manchester over Christmas and the cafe was exactly the same as we had remembered.

Rice and 3 curries, a can of pop, and add your own coriander and chopped green chillis all for only ?4.50 at lunch-time. ?4.95 at other times. The cafe looks a dive but the curries are great and cheap and it has a high food hygiene rating.

The veggie curries have a really good fresh flavour. One was a lentil curry that tasted fab. I would really love to know how to make it. The lentils looked almost black in colour. I asked the guy behind the counter and he said it was simple to make just fry the lentils in some chilli and then pointed to some chopped green chillis.

If anyone is ever in the area, could they please visit the cafe and let me know what you think might be in the black lentil curry?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Little Aladian Cafe, at side of Arndale Centre in Manchester
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Urad Dal (dahl, daal, dhal) maybe. Also called Black Gram.

Offline tommy99

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Little Aladian Cafe, at side of Arndale Centre in Manchester
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Urad Dal (dahl, daal, dhal) maybe. Also called Black Gram.

Thanks, having looked at some pictures they do look very similar to what I remember.

If anyone should be in the Manchester area could they please take a look.

©2024 Curry Recipes