Author Topic: The Manzil Restaurant Perth, Scotland  (Read 3782 times)

Offline caddyUk

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
The Manzil Restaurant Perth, Scotland
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:23 AM »
We are desi and looking for desi food this Christmas in Perth, Scotland. We are at our uncle home. We were looking for a place which is desi and has family atmosphere. I checked the tripadvisor through my Iphone and found good reviews about TheManzil, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186565-d783266-Reviews-The_Manzil-Perth_Perth_and_Kinross_Scotland.html.

So we decided to be a guest of Manzil.
Happy to say that the decision was right,
Atmosphere: Fit for all
Food: Really tasty specially the pori and kabab
Service: hot food, there is bit delay but acceptable, it may be due to rush of Christmas.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Manzil Restaurant Perth, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Not too far from me - must try it!

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:33 PM »
Stephen - do report back. Is this first post of caddyUK's genuine or is it just a marketing ploy? I'm sorry to cast doubt if caddyUK is genuine but, for a first post, it reads a bit too much like an advert.

How do members find tripadvisor reviews in general? I've been rather disappointed, finding a low correlation between the tripadvisor ranking and what I taste when I visit a restaurant.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 08:20 PM »
How do members find tripadvisor reviews in general? I've been rather disappointed, finding a low correlation between the tripadvisor ranking and what I taste when I visit a restaurant.

You have to be careful with Tripadvisor and look into some of the reviews, rather than just look at the ranking. I tend to be wary of reviews from the home town if the reviewer is posting for the first or second time. I look through the reviews and try to pick out the wheat from the chaff. Visitors from outside the area often give more balanced views.

This restaurant has 93 reviews, most of them positive, so I assume it is pretty decent (even if caddy's post is an ad).

I also remember The Manzil in Hamilton, which was one of my first curry haunts, as a youth. Just Googled it and it is still there.......oh the memories :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 10:22 PM »
George I know enough people from Perth that I can probably find out if this place is any good before I go there, but if I do get there I will report back.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Well I spoke with a colleague who is from, and lives in Perth. She described the Manzil as OK, generic Indian curries but not the place to go if you want something special or different. She said that she prefers two other establishments in Perth, namely Tabla and the Nawab. I notice the former offers Indian cookery tutorials in your own home -

Offline caddyUk

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 08:57 AM »
Thanks for sharing your reviews and discussion. Well its neither an ad nor promotion. Everyone has its own taste. I visited and i found it a good place to enjoy the Indian food. Yes i also heard about the other two placed and hopefully will be there in our next trip and share with you.

©2024 Curry Recipes