Author Topic: Chewy  (Read 13948 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Looks a bit insipid, Chewy, and very oily - apart from that, top marks :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 09:13 PM by Garp »

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 09:31 AM »
Does actually look like a plate of c/b hash  ;D

Offline LiamThompson

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 11:20 AM »
Chewy do you have a "recipe" or method posted anywhere on here on how to cook your restaurant style chips?

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 03:04 PM »
Chewy do you have a "recipe" or method posted anywhere on here on how to cook your restaurant style chips?

You just need a crinkle cutter and then cook the chips in the normal way.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Or you can buy them ready-cut/frozen (not that CT would sink to such depths, of course).

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 04:13 PM »
Spot On London :)

No black art Liam, just fry chips @160 halfway about 4mins, (No colour) drain and set aside, while you do the curry or something else.
Then when your ready do the same again with the chips @180 until golden and crispy, about 3-4mins.

Looks a bit insipid, Chewy, and very oily - apart from that, top marks :)
Lol  ;D ;D Just noticed this Wee Snipe from Sniper Garp, tasting photographs now. ;D
That's not oil, its BIR juice, education is a wonderful thing, keep watching  ;D ;D

Correct Phil, as frozen are a different thin cut and hardly a BIR restaurant style.

cheers Chewy

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 04:33 PM »
You really have a cheek, Chewy, referring to me as a sniper, when almost every post you make criticizes someone, belittles someone, talks down to someone, makes unfounded generalisations, or makes comments as facts, which are not factual.

BIR juice my arse - the brown stuff around the edge may be but the yellow stuff is oil. As for watching and learning; I have nothing to learn from you, as you are not looking for the same thing as I am. For instance, brown, oily, insipid curries don't appeal to me and I have never been served chips like that in any restaurant. But, then again, you aren't actually looking for anything as you seem to know it all (in your mind).

As the old saying goes - don't be a d**k all your life, take a day off  :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 04:37 PM »
Correct Phil, as frozen are a different thin cut and hardly a BIR restaurant style.

Well, perhaps that's true "oop North", but down here in the abundant South frozen chips are neither necessarily thinner than those shown, nor are they necessarily non-crinkle or non-restaurant-style :  they come in a wonderful assortment of sizes, shapes, finishes, coatings and even flavours, and I for one would not willing be without a pack in my freezer ...

** Phil.

P.S.  Tut tut, Garp : such language on a public forum.  I hope you will rapidly explain to George that you meant "dork" before he leaps to another conclusion and converts it into "don't be a (moderated) ...

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 05:44 PM »
"Don't be a moderator all your life" would do the job on here,no?

Offline adamski

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 07:09 PM »
Garp, to be fair on Chewy there is more brown than yellow on that plate of food. ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes