Author Topic: Tomato puree or tinned tomatoes  (Read 8186 times)

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato puree or tinned tomatoes
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Tinned plum/chopped tomato's in the base and diluted paste (ketchup consistency) from tube in curry and I like a sliced fresh tomato in a madras.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 10:28 AM »
...and I like a sliced fresh tomato in a madras.

Me too. A fresh tomato popped into the sauce a few minutes before serving is just the job! :)

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 05:05 PM »
All the places I have been to, use White Tower Tomato Puree in the curries, but tinned plum tomatoes go into the curry gravy

I'm still not getting a result I'm totally happy with, but I have tried using puree and blended in my curries

I guess if I want to achieve the flavour if my locals, I should stick to pureeI

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 05:54 PM »
...and I like a sliced fresh tomato in a madras.

Me too. A fresh tomato popped into the sauce a few minutes before serving is just the job! :)

Me three. It has to have a couple of quarters of tomato in it for it to be a Madras but I can't be doing with this cherry-tomato fad. In fact, in the old days the only way you could tell visually that you'd got a madras or a vindaloo was that the madras had tomato quarters and the vindaloo had a couple of potato chunks (and I don't consider a vindaloo a vindaloo without the potato chunks either regardless of the reason they arrived in the dish originally).  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes