Author Topic: Anyone familiar with The Spice Chef?  (Read 7201 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone familiar with The Spice Chef?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 09:17 PM »
Wow a pretty hostile welcome to what I thought was a friendly forum. I don't have any connection with The Spice Chef, I have just recently got into making curry from scratch and I came across them by total chance as I did this forum. Since I am just beginning to learn about Indian cuisine I decided to join this forum and mention that I had tried them.

Fair enough.  And because I believe in giving /everyone/ the benefit of the doubt, I apologise for me earlier response and welcome you to the forum.

** Phil.

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Welcome Spiceguy15.
You have to ignore the hostile posts from time to time...you know the age old saying...'Too many cooks.....'

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 09:22 PM »
Maybe a proper introduction (where your from etc) would have been more appropriate introduction rather than what sounded like an advert for a spice company ?

Welcome onboard  ;)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 09:36 PM »
Welcome my friend. You will find much to help you find what you search for, on here, without having to order spice mixes online.

Sadly, as you have already experienced, you will also experience many who have ulterior motives.

There is much to be learned on here, and also much to be ignored :)

Offline spiceguy15

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41 PM »
Maybe a proper introduction (where your from etc) would have been more appropriate introduction rather than what sounded like an advert for a spice company ?

Welcome onboard  ;)
Wow a pretty hostile welcome to what I thought was a friendly forum. I don't have any connection with The Spice Chef, I have just recently got into making curry from scratch and I came across them by total chance as I did this forum. Since I am just beginning to learn about Indian cuisine I decided to join this forum and mention that I had tried them.

Fair enough.  And because I believe in giving /everyone/ the benefit of the doubt, I apologise for me earlier response and welcome you to the forum.

** Phil.

After looking back at my first post now I didn't think at the time it would be taken like that. So I apologise if anyone thought I was here to sell them something as it wasn't intentional. It was a recommendation of a site that I would highly praise, not a promotion. Thanks for the welcome to the forum  :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 09:46 PM »
Sadly, as you have already experienced, you will also experience many who have ulterior motives.

None had ulterior motives, Garp; they simply reacted with suspicion to what appeared at first sight to be a shill post.  Now that SG15 has properly introduced himself, I imagine that most of those will now withdraw their earlier comments.

** Phil.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 09:46 PM »

And what may they be?

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 10:46 PM »

I imagine that most of those will now withdraw their earlier comments.

Yep,  welcome spiceguy. I hope you enjoy yourself here and find what you're looking for.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 11:56 PM »
Hi spiceguy15. :) You will find this site very informative and the members who have jumped on your first post are some of those with the knowledge.  Do not take it personally if your intentions were misread.  There have been several instances of first time posters promoting products in the short time that I've been a member so the assumption was understandable if nothing else.  Want to buy a pressure cooker or a slow cooker?  I can also sell you a bridge or a luxury car. ;D

At least they didn't try to associate you with "He who shall not be named".  Yet, that is. :D  Your not Australian too are you?  I am, but I hope I've passed the suspicion period now. 8)

©2024 Curry Recipes