Author Topic: Most Powerful Curry Ever Eaten :/  (Read 12430 times)

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Most Powerful Curry Ever Eaten :/
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 07:39 PM »
I thought the hiccup problem was just me, :( until now, does anyone know why we hiccup when we eat hot food ?
My wife told me its because i eat like a Pig when i eat Curries. :-X

The reason i can eat Hot Curries & live is that I'm in league with Satan & Madder than a pair of Chocolate Bicycle Clips  ;D

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2006, 08:56 PM »
 ;D ;D Ain't no doubt about your state of mind 0 Dark One.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 02:03 AM »
...does anyone know why we hiccup when we eat hot food?

Sorry, I see that we've digressed again...... ::)

....but the reason for hiccups is as follows (http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/hiccup.html):

"The part to blame is your diaphragm, a dome-shaped muscle at the bottom of your chest.  All hiccups start here.  The diaphragm almost always works perfectly.  When you inhale, it pulls down to help pull air into the lungs.  When you exhale, it pushes up to help push air out of the lungs.  Sometimes, the diaphragm becomes irritated.  When this happens, it pulls down in a jerky way, which makes you suck air into your throat suddenly.  When the air rushing in hits your voice box, you're left with a big hiccup (or lots of them of course!).

Some things that irritate the diaphragm are eating too quickly (that'll be you then Darth  ;D) or too much (you again?), an irritation in the stomach or the throat (yep!), or feeling nervous or excited (probably!).  Almost all cases of the hiccups last only a few minutes (yeah, right!).  Some cases of the hiccups can last for days or weeks (haha), but this is very unusual, and it's usually a sign of another medical problem (haha...breathing problems anyone  :P)".

Check here for stacks of cures http://www.well.com/~smalin/hiccup.htm

I particularly like the "cures you can do with no tools" e.g. "fart" or "make yourself vomit"!  I don't recommend that you "stimulate your clitoris" though Darth....you might be there quite a while trying to find it!  ;D 

The one that I do recommend you try though, Darth, is to "have someone deliver a swift punch to your abdomen".  That should do the trick!  ;)

But "threateningly pointing a gun at the subject" has to take the biscuit though...especially when you shoot them stone dead!!  :o  http://www.musanim.com/mam/hickill.html  ......there you go sonny, hiccups all gone now!  ;D

The obvious one, thats missing from the list, is to stop eating stinky hot curries (but that's a no-no I guess)!  :P

Happy Hiccupping!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 05:35 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 08:10 AM »
 ;D ;D A very interesting dissatation Cory, I like it.

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Nice one Cory  ;D  It is a pity you could not find cures that involve the use of light sabres ::)

CP

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 01:47 PM »
 ;D

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Cory i never realised you'd be the master of hiccups.. but you've enlightened us all  :D
?Guessing id say a large glass of yoghurt would do the trick, it makes sense and could be drunk in the form of lassi although i have no idea how traditional it is.Traditional 3 course meals aren't eaten in India.. so im not sure whether you'd start with a "starter, main course and end with a sugary drink. The point being, that yoghurt tends to calm the digestive system, helps take away that chemical found in chillies which burns so much and gives a heap load of good bacteria to your body which help digest those hard to digest foods which are so nice.

Drinking water and/or holding your breath apparently helps, although i doubt they would have much effect against a really good Phall  :D

Hiccups can be annoying but the price is small.. if you're one of the lucky ones who can take that amount of heat.. :o    me, ill stick with my wimpy heat limit and hopefully avoid the those little frog burps  ;)

Regards Ashes
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:04 PM by Ashes »

Offline NairB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 11:42 PM »
My cure for hiccups is inhale as much air as possible till lungs nearly burst, then exhale till every bit of air is out and your blue in the face. Do that a few times then with one big enormous INHALE...as much air as humanly possible(lungs definitely ready to burst)....hold it for as long as you can(going dizzy and ready to pass out) then let it all out normally.

Thats it....CURED. ::)

The looks I get from folk in a restaurant whilst doing all of this is a picture....must think I'm bonkers  ;D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 02:08 AM »
That also sounds like a sure-fire way to make you fart too, NB, if ever I saw one!  :o ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 02:21 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Funny but I was thinking the same thing Cory ;D  bit like Bedford :o
CP

©2024 Curry Recipes