Author Topic: Most Powerful Curry Ever Eaten :/  (Read 12433 times)

Offline edwolf

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Most Powerful Curry Ever Eaten :/
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2006, 10:52 AM »
My hottest curry was in a restaurant called The Handi in Drummond Street, London (an excellent street full of curry houses near Euston Station) about 12 years ago. The hottest on the menu was a Vindaloo (already at phal- like temperatures compared to other places), but in a fit of bravado brought on by too much Guiness, I order the Vindaloo with a 'please make it hot this time!' comment.

Any they sure did, although it was still edible and pretty tasty. My companion that evening had a foot in plaster due to a skiing accident, but after eating the curry he claimed he couldn't feel the pain in his foot anymore.

The incredulous chef popped out of the kitchen to watch us finish it.

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Many years ago far far away
I was with friends and after a few Beers ordered the establishments hottest Curry phew  :o
Never again it made my nose Bleed and just for good measure a sore sphincter  :-\
a bit older and more wiser vindaloo will do Layne now.
Layne ;D

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Sphincter? Wots a spincter?  Oh yes I remember I had one of those once :-[ ::) :o ;D 

I had a very good mate and colleague who shared my passion for curry and good ale.  Sadly he died of cancer of the Colon (not through curry I may add), but during the years of the progressive stages of bowel removal and radio/chemo therapies he had to avoid curries, until finally they removed the golden rivet and put him on a bag.  Wow , did he go for the curries and beer then, and he mangaged to finish his life enjoying his passions once again.

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2006, 04:34 PM »

Here's a quote from the Curry Capital in Newcastle offering the Worlds hotest Curry.
The Curry Hell Challenge, Curry Hell is a normal sized portion of curry made with chilli seeds and chilli powder served with either rice or chips. If you eat the full portion it is free. To give you an idea of how hot the Curry Hell dish is, Vindaloo is like ice cream by comparison.

If you manage to eat the full portion of Curry Hell you will recieve a signed certificate from the management in recognition of your spectacular achievement.

Friendly Warning !! If you become ill due to the consumption or if you find that you are experiencing any problems with your lover(s) then under no circumstances are you entitled to blame the Curry Capital or any member of its staff.

A full portion of Curry Hell costs ?6.95

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2006, 01:19 PM »
If only Curry Capitol was near me i would eat curries for free for ever, yippeeee!!! :o ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes