Author Topic: The Rambling Thread  (Read 7819 times)

Online mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Rambling Thread
« on: January 26, 2015, 02:49 PM »
And here it is....

Instead of derailing other threads guys, why not use this one for all your inane drivel.
Its always the same people doing it, so ramble on here instead and leave the other threads alone.
Show some respect to the Original Posters for a change instead of trying to impress us with your "superior" command of the English Language

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: The Rambling Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Instead of derailing other threads guys, why not use this one for all your inane drivel.
Its always the same people doing it, so ramble on here instead and leave the other threads alone.

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone" :

A year ago I bought some tickets to see Joan Rivers. Nuff said

The thread title was "Lets talk Curry / Re: Three baltis".  'Nuff said ?

P.S.  Just because some members choose not to use "u", "m8", "gonna", "wanna", "defo", etc., does not mean that they are "trying to impress with [their] "superior" command of the English Language"; they are just writing on the forum as they write and speak in everyday life.  No-one on this forum has /ever/ criticised another forum member for using (e.g.) "m8" or "defo" (and quite rightly so :  every members is absolutely entitled to write in his or her own personal idiolect, so long as he/she avoids abusive or obscene language), so why do you seek to criticise those who choose to express themselves using (to the best of their ability) the Queen's English ?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:21 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Online mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 04:13 PM »
yes good one Phil. Bet you cant find many more examples from me though. Bet you I can find more from you. Glad to see you are making some use of this thread. Well Done XXX

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:43 PM »
Frank's no 1 and 2 got me chuckling - they real good distinctions that are often overlooked.

No 3 struggling on - did he explain it more or is it just as simple as you can wright truth down but not wisdom (I think because each of us different)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10 PM »
Am I allowed to say, without prejudice, I have no idea what Jerry is 'rambling' about. Or is that the whole point of the thread?

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14 PM »
Am I allowed to say, without prejudice, I have no idea what Jerry is 'rambling' about. Or is that the whole point of the thread?

The Frank Zappa quotes in the first post. I don't agree with number 1 though.

Online mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Lol Jerry. The quote was aimed at one of the forums Jedi masters who tends to try to impress with his pseudo intellectual comments which usually have no relevance to the thread whatsoever. Empty Vessels do make the most noise lol. The following Frank quote would possibly be more fitting:

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

I have since discovered the "block annoying users  button" and have found it a revelation

Going back to Frank. He has always been a hero of mine and enjoy his mix of music and humour

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Saw him in concert one... brilliant. Sheik Yerbouti tour for which i got free tickets

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 09:29 PM »
Ah thanks, Gav.

I don't agree with any of them (or the reasoning behind the logic that links them).

As the great poet Dr Johnny Clarke once said......necessity is the mother of invention, not, as you might believe, Frank Zappa :)

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:32 PM »
No 2. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Read that somewhere lately but can't remember where.

©2024 Curry Recipes