Author Topic: Big Mac special sauce  (Read 32359 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Big Mac special sauce
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2015, 11:16 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you were one of the people suggesting a few weeks ago, that the forum needed greater moderation. It just goes to show, I suggest, that my de-minimis approach to moderation was the best approach all along. Or would it only be the right approach if you were the one doing the moderation?
George, i have already PM'd you on my thoughts on your skills as a moderator. Now let's face facts here, there are many a member who could do a far more effective job of moderation than you.  And YES, based on our past performance, I certainly could, as could countless more.  Everytime you try to moderate, and your timing is always choice, a row errupts.  Does that not tell you something???  My pet budgie has more of an idea of tact and how to interact with people than you Sir.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2015, 11:43 PM »
Now let's face facts here, there are many a member who could do a far more effective job of moderation than you.

You've NEVER explained what you idea of effective moderation would involve. It couldn't possibly involve less moderation than I did until recently because the only thing I moderated was pure spam. Then I moved on to delete bad language. You must prefer to see the F word, the C word and anything else, left as it is.

So, please tell us, what MORE would you moderate, or would you do absolutely nothing?

The one person who I would be prepared to accept as a co-moderator would be Secret Santa. If you or almost anyone else is signed up, then I will resign.

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 12:17 AM »
The one person who I would be prepared to accept as a co-moderator would be Secret Santa. If you or almost anyone else is signed up, then I will resign.
Here's hoping CH is made a co-moderator then, and as quickly as possible.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 07:39 AM »
I'd like to suggest Garp as moderator, because he would be able to moderate out all examples of people not using bad language and insert suitable replacement words.

Come on, tell me that's not going to be comedy gold?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 08:51 AM »
It just goes to show, I suggest, that my de-minimis approach to moderation was the best approach all along.

I concur wholeheartedly George. Just look at the mega-fuss the, to my mind, over moderation of this thread has caused.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 01:56 PM »
It just goes to show, I suggest, that my de-minimis approach to moderation was the best approach all along.

I concur wholeheartedly George. Just look at the mega-fuss the, to my mind, over moderation of this thread has caused.

Exactly. In part, it was my small social experiment. Even though there was virtually no worthwhile content in the stuff I deleted, including my own posts, the usual suspects are complaining. So it must mark a return to my de-minimis moderation, even though I think it's a sad day that we can't clear out junk like this.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2015, 05:02 PM »
I'm with 'kin sverige on this matter  :)

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2015, 07:51 PM »
so what is the recipe for the big mac special sauce? lol

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 08:00 PM »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 08:18 PM »
But not quite as hideous as this.....

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13668.msg116254.html#msg116254

Really Gav, you posted this in the Highly Recommended Restaurants section...

©2024 Curry Recipes