Author Topic: Big Mac special sauce  (Read 32396 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Big Mac special sauce
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Well I've got about 10 blokes who have said it was delicious and on whose recommendations I went.  :) You need to travel more  :D

Your'e certainly pulling no punches these last couple of days.  :)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2015, 08:38 PM »
Sorry Gav - not having a go at you.

I travel more than I want to, and have tasted curries in at least two different towns  ;) But that does look like a (moderated).

As for the 'blokes' who tasted it? They could all be morons, just out of the latest screening of Fifty Shades of Geordie Shore for all I know. What gives their opinions more weight than mine (apart from the fact that they actually ate it...lol).

It's all subjective at the end of the day, and to rubbish MacD's, or Korma, or anything else is simply a sign of ignorance.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:19 PM by George »

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2015, 08:46 PM »
But as they say

Ignorance is bliss

(Actually saying you dislike MD's (I've never actually said I don't like Kormas) is an opinion where I come from not ignorance. I especially don't like the Big Mac because of the sauce (had my first one in 78) and I find everything else they sell too salt laden for me. Plus I've never been a fan of thin fries, KFC included and haven't had them in any sort of fast food place where i've had to eat for years)

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2015, 08:58 PM »
Big M sauce, try different brands of 1000 Island dressing.

Totally agree with Naga 100% cardboard.
Never underestimate the ignorance of the Big Mac customer. (saw this quote somewhere) ;D

40 years of Big M, training kids from an early age, with their happy meals, to eat cardboard fries, soggy sweet buns and processed meat? patties.
Generations of public, conditioned to eat rubbish.

Likewise, Pizza Hut, Domino etc

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2015, 09:05 PM »
Garp
What happened to the Friday night feeling  :)
I'm gonna stay clear of you on Mondays  ;)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2015, 09:22 PM »
Sorry Michael. There just seems to have been a lot of snobbery recently about certain foods which some members feel are inferior.

I may agree that MacD's burgers are shite, but I am polite enough to be nice about it and intelligent enough to know that it is all down to personal taste and nothing is better than anything else.

The snobbery will put off new members, unless they are pretentious too, so I defend George on that issue.

To be honest, I'm getting bored with the constant bickering and pathetic 'I'm superior to you' attitude of some members and am ready to walk away and get on with life. I have learned enough from SL, CA, CH and H4C to allow me to make dishes that I will thoroughly enjoy.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2015, 09:41 PM »
I don't think its snobbery at all. I love a good burger (yet to try one of these Handmade Burger Company type places  :() but McDonalds doesn't do it for me. Another problem for me with them is the buns. I think they are terrible and I would quite happily pay more money for a better product. Imagine how much better they would be for say another 20p.

Everything is down to personal taste but a forum full of nodding donkeys wouldn't last 2 minutes.

NB. I did use to enjoy a Wimpy spicy bean burger back in the day though.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2015, 09:54 PM »
Garp my fellow curry friend
How can I put this
This is just a curry site
No one should be getting angry , tired or bored
Believe me I think we all have been in your shoes :( at one time another on this site
Just take a step back and a cup of horlicks ;)
Remember those naans days and smile again
Food should make people happy unless your fat like me at the moment  :'(
Cheers MT
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:33 AM by michael.t »

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2015, 10:24 PM »

Happy Meal may follow

from the same place
McChicken

Offline Korma Chameleon

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2015, 08:49 PM »
I just came across the The Takeaway Secret, first 32 pages for free on the internet (not difficult to find with a quick search). Those first pages do contain the Big Mac & special sauce. Went out to buy the necessary French's brand mustard, iceberg, double bun, etc. and had my first attempt last night. Even before tasting, I knew this was a winner. Wow, almost exactly the same, I've never created anything like that before. I found the sauce a bit too mayonnaise-y, and the raw onion a bit overpowering, so I know what to adjust for attempt #2. It's really not hard if you follow the recipe to the letter. I'm amazed I can now replicate a Big Mac. The wife was impressed too, a bit depressed actually concidering the implications.

Fries next. Already well down the sugar no sugar debates.

©2024 Curry Recipes