Author Topic: Empty vessels  (Read 14699 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Glasgow ITR
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 06:07 PM »
Sorry too geoff for the hijacking incident. I must agree with Gav and Onions in respect of the videos. ChewyTikka also produces some excellent videos
Regards
Mick

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50 PM »
If anyone else here thinks they'd like to take over the role of moderator, be warned! This is the type of thing anyone trying to carry out this role, would need to suffer - insult after insult

George, I've got the skin of a well-aged pachyderm and a back so slippery no duck can match it for water repulsion.

Gissajob!   ;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29 PM »
Could the moderator please take this bickering to another thread, rather than hi-jacking Geoff's.

I know what you mean but please blame Jerry, rather than me, for starting it.

Unfortunately, I can't shift part of a thread, other than into the bin, so that's what I propose to do, i.e. to delete Jerry's insult, plus all the other posts related to it. I'll leave it until tomorrow, in case anyone has any valid arguments against.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 10:42 PM »
Such as your inability to effectively moderate this board? A problem is, George, that you want both the freedom that an 'ordinary' poster has, and the 'authority' that a modrator has. If you stood aloof and let us all make fools of ourselves, you would probably be respected; until stepping in, impartially, impersonally, and disinterestedly to point us in the right direction.
No worries; if you don't- we won't :D 

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 12:53 AM »
A problem is, George, that you want both the freedom that an 'ordinary' poster has, and the 'authority' that a modrator has.

Precisely, as I've stated several times before. Any other position would be unfair and unworkable.

Any moderator who 'effectively' moderated this board would start by deleting most of your posts, working as quickly as possible towards having you and any other persistent trolls, struck off.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 07:44 AM »
Mod could have just deleted the offending words (if any) then sent a PM,
simple and professional.

However saying that...
Last time I sent a member "George" a PM he copied and posted
my private message from his private inbox into the forum for all to see.

I am just telling the truth people.

Make what you wish of my post above and decide for yourself
the integrity of some members on this site.

We also have some really helpful members who go all
out to help, thank you to each and every one of you.

Regards Graeme.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 08:53 AM »
The (moderated) doth protest too much, methinks.

What point were you trying to make by using such an insulting word (in this context) before I removed it?

It's a quote from Hamlet George. You might've heard of it, it's a play by a famous english guy.  It means that by objecting to the previous comments you incriminated yourself, making it clear that the comments were directed at you. 

You do a fine job of making yourself look foolish at (all) times George. Where's that replacement moderator we were all promised a while ago?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 09:32 AM »
Where's that replacement moderator we were all promised a while ago?
If the (very few) members who persistently go out of their way to cause trouble on this forum were either to moderate their behaviour or (better) pack their bags and leave, we would not need a moderator at all, let alone a replacement one.  George does his very best to keep things under control, but the persistent sniping to which he is continually subjected must make him wonder whether it is really worthwhile.  Give George your support, rather than the benefit of your snide attacks, and all will benefit.

** Phil.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Did you ever get an apology Graeme?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 10:27 AM »
Mod could have just deleted the offending words (if any) then sent a PM,
simple and professional.

I think it would be better if instead of just replacing the offending word or sentence with "moderated" George could briefly write why the offfending article was moderated.

For example "Stop being such a XXXX" could be moderated to "Stop being such a moderated to remove swear word"

That way no one is left in any doubt as to why there was moderation.

And I think George does a fine job of mostly hands-off moderation. He's perfectly right that if unprovoked comments such as that made by Jerry, in this instance, were not made in the first place the forum would be a whole better place for it.

©2024 Curry Recipes