Author Topic: Bukhara -Samlesbury, Preston  (Read 4980 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Bukhara -Samlesbury, Preston
« on: February 18, 2015, 08:51 PM »
After hitting the Balti houses on Saturday (and a free indian meal on Monday with an agreement for some cooking lessons  :) ) I had to travel back down to Birmingham on Tuesday, so after recomendations for the above place, we decided to to take the long way home and call in at Bukhara.
http://www.bukharasamlesbury.co.uk/#_=_
Arrived about 9pm and it was chocker and it also had a lot of asians in which is always a good sign in my opinion.  :) Very nicely done out and the staff were very friendly. For eats, after a couple of popadoms, I settled on Afghani Lamb Tikka for starter which was just melt in your mouth tender slices of lamb   :P followed by Karahi Chicken (hot) with a plain naan. My mate had the Karahi Lamb along with some Pilau rice and a Peshwari naan with some mango lassi to wash it down with. The food was really good and I'll definitely make the effort to get back some time on my travels. Definitely recommended. It was made even better by my mate copping for the bill :)

http://www.bukharasamlesbury.co.uk/Bukhara2012_Menu%20(9).pdf

I also couldn't come away without a takeaway for Chewy and I got him the Karahi Lamb which I dropped off on the way home and took a couple of photos (both before re-heating).

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
Re: Bukhara -Samlesbury, Preston
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 10:26 PM »
Thanks Gav, the curry traveller ;D ;D

Full on Pakistani meat fest, no sauce to speak of, just shredded stewed onion and spices
very tasty with a lot of whole coriander seeds, the amount of Lamb could easily serve two.

5 star, compared to the rubbish from Al Faisals, Sparkbrook, The worst curry I

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Sounds excellent, Gav! The menu is quite extensive and the prices aren't outrageous either.

I was interested in the madras dishes with poppy seeds and coconut. I've got an unbroken bag of poppy seeds looking for a recipe, so if I can find one, that'll be the Friday curry sorted! :)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 11:37 AM »
Would it need the whole bag?!

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 06:58 PM »
Hope it improved with heat bud :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:06 PM by Garp »

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 09:14 AM »
Was nice when it was cold. Chocker block with onions and tons of meat. The carton had had a prod around with the fork before the photo. Tried some in the restaurant and it was even better, best Karahi I've had. We were sitting by the stairs so lots of food passed on its way upstairs and there looked some tasty dishes.
My mate and I were discussing last night our next visit there as there's a few things I'd like to try on the menu. Its not far of the M6 so its quite feasible to get back for me when passing (even though it adds an hour onto my journey but hey ho.... its for my art  :-\ ...... ;D.)

Offline walleye

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 01:05 AM »
I have been past it a couple of times en-route to meet a couple of lady friends who live in the area but never dined there ended up going to the Blue Elephant near Croston next time I am on a visit I will give it a try

Offline tommy99

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:19 AM »
Thanks for the report.

If you are ever in Preston then you really must buy some Butter Pies.

Also look for street sellers offering potatoes (I think they are steamed or boiled) with cheese, beans & coleslaw.

©2024 Curry Recipes