Author Topic: the truth sometimes hurts  (Read 8047 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: the truth sometimes hurts
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 11:18 AM »
George, I do hope enforcing these rules are going to apply to everyone in the future, and not just JerryM  and mickdabass .
guess we will just have to wait and see. ;D

I try and do my best. Please 'report to moderator' any similar insults which I haven't already noticed.

I assure you I wasn't picking on JerryM or mickdabass. In fact, I think it's the first time either of them have been put on the 'naughty step', so to speak. Also, it doesn't help, I feel, to suggest that if someone is a 'good bloke' he should be exempt from any moderation or sanction, any more than some pillar of society wouldn't/shouldn't be let off a fine for speeding or similar.

We'd gone through a relatively long period of peace and tranquility and I'm sorry anyone is to blame for spoiling it. I sincerely hope this doesn't also apply to the whole world, given the situation in Ukraine.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 12:01 PM »
it doesn't help, I feel, to suggest that if someone is a 'good bloke' he should be exempt from any moderation or sanction,

We are all equal here, (Well, that's what I would like to think) and should be treated as such, the same rules should apply to everyone, no exceptions.

"I try and do my best. Please 'report to moderator' any similar insults which I haven't already noticed."

Sorry George, I for one won't do this, It's not in my nature to grass on members.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 12:11 PM »
"I try and do my best. Please 'report to moderator' any similar insults which I haven't already noticed."
Sorry George, I for one won't do this, It's not in my nature to grass on members.

Les, if you saw someone loitering outside the gates of the school that your child attended, apparently trying to push drugs, would you report that person to the police ?  I would, and I would do the same here -- when a post clearly requires use of the "Report to moderator" button, I will not hesitate to use it.

** Phil.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 12:17 PM »
George,

You know I'm big fan of you . If you put me on the naughty step i accept the punishment.

I feel its mission accomplished - we need you and we need you to be more active.

As for the "ev"s being a set im not convinced - they are all different and don't need to be named - they give themselves away all too easily. My interest being solely in making the site friendlier - perhaps we just need some discussion on how this can be achieved if ev is not acceptable and the site does not seem as friendly as it could be.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 12:26 PM »

Les, if you saw someone loitering outside the gates of the school that your child attended, apparently trying to push drugs, would you report that person to the police ?
** Phil.

In a heartbeat Phil, no question about it ;D That could mean the death of someone's child, I wouldn't like to be responsible for that, Would You  :(
But, this forum I come to every day, and I could not report anyone. even if they where giving me grief big time, I would PM the member concerned and have a word or two ;) That's just how I am. ;D

there is a saying Phil, Never ---- in your own back yard ;D

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:42 PM by Les »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 01:39 PM »
Fair enough, Les; I may disagree with your point of view, but I respect your right to hold it.
** Phil.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 02:55 PM »
I respect your right to hold it.
** Phil.
As I do yours, Phil.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 08:33 PM »
George,

Bigboaby1 has been raised and discussed.

Next on my list is H4ppy-Chris. Do you know why he is not back on the site. He was never an EV. He clearly gave for free a lot of information and help. What I'm getting at is fairness. Surely the naughtiest naughty step has a reprieve. How are the EVs who must have insighted whatever caused the current situation.

Et all

I don't see ringing up George everytime there's an incident. We need to get improved tolerance across the site.

The thing at the back of my mind is that everyone in prison feels they have been surved injustice.

Ive got my grey cells working but any ideas appreciated.

In my simple mind id had the expectation that when excitement gets the better of members they could be reminded of the EV post so that they could remember (count to 10) different views are good and not a criticism. It looks like i need to refine this strategy any steers appreciated.

This is not a now thought for me. I posted on the same subject years ago and the site did improve with awareness but has well slipped backwards in id say last 2 yrs.

What really matters is that I'm sure the site misses out on valuable contributions as a direct consequence

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 09:30 PM »
The problem is, Jerry, that you see things only from your own perspective.

I could go on about how I had to translate your last post several times to find out what it was supposed to mean.....but I won't. And the reason I won't is because I am tolerant. I am quite happy for you to post your thoughts about whatever it is you are talking about, but your ideas of what makes a good forum may differ from mine. In that respect, I agree with George - if you continually post inflammatory messages, then he has the right to comment.

Love and hugs,

Garp

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 10:24 PM »
Next on my list is H4ppy-Chris. Do you know why he is not back on the site.

The simple fact is that he was banned by Admin, which is rare indeed, on this site. Despite quite a lot of support by way of recent postings from many members, including myself, he's still not back - either that's H4C's decision or Admin isn't convinced or not aware of a general mood to welcome H4C back - I don't know, and it's a pity.

I even thought it was fun to have CA back for a while, under a new name, until Admin found out, and banned him again!

©2024 Curry Recipes