Author Topic: Chewy's Jhal Frezi 2015  (Read 28764 times)

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chewy's Jhal Frezi 2015
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2015, 10:03 PM »
Yeah right.   Cheers mick.    I should have googled it!   Cheers mate.  Have a good weekend COOKIN. 

Mr. Punter

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Chewy and everyone that had input...   Thanks very much guys,  I stuck to my guns and re-made the base, used Chicken Tikka, made a few personal adjustments ie. Methi, swirl of cream etc, took your tip of Butter Ghee at the end and found the Gloss...  And wow!  I'm glad I found this site!  I can now cook a little like the Indian Restaurants...  Thanks.   I will post a couple of pics on next page.  Cheers.

Mr. Punter

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 04:17 PM »

Mr. Punter

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25 PM »
No wonder your missus makes you cook outside Mr Punter. Just look at the state of that cooker.  ;D Anyway, it all looks very nice and I'm glad things are working out. Curry on Number 2.  :)

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Cheers Gav...  I'm really happy with this one... Can't wait to crack on with no. 3.  I really want to cook a Madras but I think that's gonna be a challenge.  Last week I went to my local TA and ordered Chicken Madras to try and remember exactly what it was lime but what they gave me was bright Orange!  I don't remember it being that colour back in the 70's ? 80's?  Anyhow,  I'm looking for that old fashioned brown, very thin sauce, great tasting Madras from back Younder!  Any suggestions I would be grateful mate.

Mr. Punter

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2015, 05:25 PM »
Did you make the same base or another one ?. IMHO Chewy's madras is spot on and easier to make than the curry you've just made with fewer ingredients.

London.

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2015, 05:34 PM »
Is this the madras that you remember for back in the day?

Offline Mattie

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2015, 05:35 PM »
That looks like a fantastic curry that I would demolish in minutes!!  I know whats next on my to-do curry list now,  I probably wouldnt add the cream however.  Instead of precooking the onions and peppers I may just fry them and add the G&G pasta once soft - save some washing up!  I second Chewys madras btw, although I am yet to try madrasandys version which looks to have rave reviews

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2015, 05:43 PM »
Arh... I received your link but only the pressure cooker recipe downloaded.  I guessed the 3 hour version was similar but did not want to guess so went back to the first Garabi I made and started a "third attempt".  I realise now that my mistake on previous two attempts was the AKHNI.  I over cooked it so it became too strong and over powered the base giving it a very pungent aroma & taste.  Now I've corrected that alls good BUT I still find its a little too strong for my curries SO I now add two different types of Gravy to my curries @ 50/50 ratio.  1. Onion Gravy. 2. Base Gravy.   BUT SAYING THIS,  my next thing is to introduce Chewys Base later this week so I'll have 3 to play around with. 
P.S. I need a bigger freezer!!!

Mr. Punter

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2015, 05:47 PM »
I bought a table top freezer just for my curry stuff. :)

London.

©2024 Curry Recipes