Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 7327 times)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 03:29 PM »
It doesn't have a taste, and taken in large doses it attacks the nervous system and the sensory parts of the brain!  Avoid MSG at all costs if you can  :o

Yar a arl a lood of nuttahs up theer, ah doont think tha dark loord cood andle it like ;D  I nearly married a lass from Benwell, she was great and could drink more newkie broons (spaceships) than any other person I have met.

CP (ex honoury Geordie)

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 07:10 PM »
:P :P I very nearly understood what you were trying to coveigh Chili my man { In a posh but very poor accent }.

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 07:15 PM »
 I refer to this strange dissertation ;D ;D Yar a arl a lood of nuttahs up theer, ah doont think tha dark loord cood andle it like   I nearly married a lass from Benwell, she was great and could drink more newkie broons (spaceships) than any other person I have met.

Offline After8

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Spicy,

Do you know that street in Shields (at the bottom end of the main street). It must have the highest density of Indian restaurants in the country - they're literally next door to each other.

After8

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Ok OK just a laugh, never could do a real North East accent  ::)
 ;D ;D
CP

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 08:27 AM »
 ;D ;D Got news for you Chili, we Sanddancers {people from south shields } aint got a proper geordie accent either.

Offline richclever

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 08:31 AM »
Always liked the Brighton Grove shop when we lived in Fenham (just round the corner). I had to get 150 samosas one day for a college do, the guy dropped them on the floor when he was getting the box down from the shelf.

Do they still sell the cartons of curry sauce they use in the takeaway next door?

Richard

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 08:38 AM »

Yes they still sell the cartons of curry sauce Richclever. 

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 09:43 AM »
;D ;D Got news for you Chili, we Sanddancers {people from south shields } aint got a proper geordie accent either.
I forgot that Paul ::)  My ex girlfriend always said that.  Still love the the people and the dialects up there anyway.  Stayed at the Rex @ Whitley Bay I have ::) and spent many happy times in Alnwick..... Ok I just love the region.  There used to be a fantastic BIR in the Bigg Market (whatever happened to the small market ???) famous for being used by the film & media stars in the 70s.  Great news that Newcastle are through (Ueafa)... oops!

CP

Offline richclever

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 09:33 AM »
Glad they still do the curry sauce in the freezers. Maybe someone could get their basic curry sauce and list the ingredients in the order they are on the carton (so we can get some idea of quantities). Maybe that would shed light on any ingredient we are missing.

Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes