Author Topic: Life after eBooks  (Read 5887 times)

Offline prawnsalad

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Life after eBooks
« on: March 12, 2015, 02:30 AM »
OK. So I have now officially given up waiting for Happy Chris?s eBook!

For the record I believe that Chris is making genuine BIR curry due to what appears to be a genuine friendship with Sam who appears to be a genuine TA owner.

I?m not saying he will never release this eBook but when? A year, 3 years? 8 years? There has to be some kind of realistic date that short of a world catastrophe it couldn?t take any longer to finish. The reality I think is that Chris isn?t a bad bloke but figures a lifetime of detail is what a decent BIR publication needs and although that may not be wrong it doesn?t help if we?re all dead when it comes out, so although I?ve no interest in the personal stand offs that have occurred prior to his leaving my opinion is that he will probably release it precisely when he feels in the mood, even if he finishes it tomorrow but announcing it only takes his fancy on New Years Eve 2030.

Also worth noting is that money surely is no motivation based on the time and resources the videos alone must be taking and for all we know he may of fallen out with Sam or Sam may be objecting to how the eBook is being written etc etc.

A while back I paid the owner of my new local TA to come to my kitchen and show me how to make a Madras/Vindaloo (which I wrote about on here at the time.) From this I did learn about the importance of Tandoori Masala, but that was all and the more I think back to it the more I see how I was easy money because restaurant/TA staff either don?t like the food they make for the masses personally or don?t like us enough to actually WANT US to reproduce it faithfully (this is where I think Chris is a rare example of someone succeeding.)

However I?m going to go one further and say:

The only way I think we will make the same food as our favourite TAs is to actually work in one regularly for a good while. I am well aware that this isn?t practical but just out of frustration I felt I needed to say it as every time I login here so little has changed and seeing as there are so many members wanting the same thing it?s sad we can?t throw our combined resources at convincing some gifted BIR chef to make it his No.1 priority in teaching precise methods, in the same mould a driving instructor truly wants his students to pass as his rating/reputation is at stake.

Or we could just wait for Chris?

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Life after eBooks
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:36 PM »
some  BIR chef to make it his No.1 priority in teaching precise methods
that's what Andy is offering

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:05 PM »
Who's Andy?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 07:06 PM »
For the record I believe that Chris is making genuine BIR curry due to what appears to be a genuine friendship with Sam who appears to be a genuine TA owner.

I've watched the videos and it's standard BIR stuff, nothing new at all. Magic oil and magic pastes! Pffft!  ::)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Who's Andy?

Ha! Beat me to it.  ;D

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:31 PM »
A-ha! With those HSBC-style tax schemes eh ;) :D

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 08:43 PM »
Who's Andy?
whoops!
I meant Adey (with the restaurant)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 08:45 PM »
Wonder how that little business venture is going !!!

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 08:54 PM »

Expanding into larger premises last we heard. Or is that what you meant?

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 04:08 PM »

Expanding into larger premises last we heard. Or is that what you meant?

Here it is:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g503969-d7255074-Reviews-Fusion_Indian_and_Continental_cafe_restaurant-Alford_Lincolnshire_England.html#REVIEWS

I hope he's doing well. I feel sorry for him that he got one 'terrible' review, from some disgruntled guest, when all the other reviews are quite good, including one from CBM. I wish I lived closer, so it would be more feasible to arrange a visit.

©2024 Curry Recipes