Author Topic: Restaurant Style Chicken Jalfrezi. HD Video.  (Read 11360 times)

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurant Style Chicken Jalfrezi. HD Video.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 08:59 PM »
Nice video, I love the flames and the serving dish, a bit more chicken and coriander would be good IMHO.

Regards,
London.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 07:12 AM »
For what it's worth i've got to say i'm impressed.  Video is great quality and well presented.  The technique is clear and the end result - mouth-watering  :P . For those new to the journey, a must watch. Looking forward to the next in the series  ;)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 11:57 AM »
I agree it's a very clear video but what does the jalfrezi actually taste like? It's said to be a "representation of how a Jalfrezi is cooked in a BIR restaurant". Please clarify - it was an actual BIR dish being produced for the customer, presumably? The word 'representation' puzzles me, like it might not be the real deal. It wasn't me that left the negative, thumbs down feedback on youtube, by the way. I just think that the ingredients which go into CT's Jalfrezi provide much greater potential for a fine-tasting end result.

That said, I assume many of you are more keen on mouth-watering photos and videos than actual recipes that produce the best flavours. Having both is ideal, of course. Going further, perhaps many people prefer bog standard, run of the mill BIR flavours, to the divine flavours coming out of the best BIRs.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 02:26 PM »
oh dear George  :(

littlechilie

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 04:44 PM »
Thanks for stopping by George good feedback ::) my suggestion would be you actually take the time to cook the dish using your base and mix powder of choice. Follow the video amounts and instructions
Then come back and give your opinion, it would be good to have feedback for the dish.
Thanks.

Chewys is also a really great dish so if that is better for you maybe to stick with it rather than bashing something you haven't tried.

George, I forgot to add. It's me cooking the dish and I'm not a BIR chef so this can only ever be a representation, I'm also interested to understand you view on ingredients for Jalfrezi?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:54 PM by littlechilie »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 05:40 PM »
Excellent video again, LC! Technique looked spot on to me and is a great guide for anyone looking to improve their curry cooking. Such a good-looking curry would be bound to taste good too. :)

littlechilie

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 06:03 PM »
Excellent video again, LC! Technique looked spot on to me and is a great guide for anyone looking to improve their curry cooking. Such a good-looking curry would be bound to taste good too. :)

Thanks For dropping by Naga, IMO of course it's a very tasty dish, the spicing is light as to not overpower the base, chicken, peppers or onion. The fresh chillies and base are not distorted by tomato pur

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Excellent video LC, as good as anything that's been posted in here.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 07:48 PM »
...Hope you get around to cooking the dish...

I will do that, LC. I like to have a bash at variations on a theme and your splendid curry fits the bill.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Well, there are certainly not going to be any raw spices in that dish !  Just one question, if I may ?  Early on in the video there are a few dissolve-cuts, so it is difficult to judge how much time elapsed overall.  Given that the edited video is just over ten minutes, how long do you estimate actually elapsed between the opening and closing frames ?

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes