Poll

Should there be a 3rd moderator with voting for post deletion or thread locking (apart from pure spam)?

Yes
9 (42.9%)
No
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Moderator accountability  (Read 31702 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator accountability
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 05:50 PM »
I'm here to post about curry.  If you all focused on that, any moderation would be minimal.

Welcome back CA. We've missed ya mate!  ;)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 05:56 PM »
I'm here to post about curry.  If you all focused on that, any moderation would be minimal.

Welcome back CA. We've missed ya mate!  ;)
Forgive me SS, but i'm obviously under the wrong impression that this was the purpose of the forum.   I don't for one moment dispute CA got many things wrong and i've no intention of following in his footsteps but one thing he did get right and was open about was that he certainly had yours, George's and Phil's number  from the off ;)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 06:11 PM »
All archived (as was the "Mixed powder" thread) just in case one of our moderators takes decides, with the benefit of hindsight, that some things were better left unsaid and decides to delete or drastically prune this thread as he did the last.  I will respond to the individual points later, since I now have a bowls match to attend, but one part cannot be overlooked, even temporarily :

I /had/ full confidence in Curryhell when he was appointed. 

No you didn't Phil.  You're just saying the politically correct thing.  You were as gobsmacked as your mate George.

I don't do political correctness, CH, I tell it as it is.  I had full confidence that as soon as you were appointed you would (a) talk to George and agree a common moderating policy; (b) set an example to us all as to how a moderator should behave, and (c) stamp down on all forms of personal attack.  All the evidence suggests that no such common moderating policy emerged, and far from setting an example and stamping down on personal attacks, you now seek every opportunity to make them.  I am afraid that in my opinion you have now demonstrated that you are completely unfit to be a moderator. 

** Phil.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 06:17 PM »
Simply replying to those attacks made on me Phil.  More than happy to let everybody have their say and let it be a permanent record for all to see.  Now come along Phil.  I've not been here anywhere near as long as George.  I've a long way to go before i become anywhere near as unfit to moderate as George.  He's been working hard at it for years now.

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 06:18 PM »
But George is though Phil?

At least CH seems to have the respect of most members on here unlike George

Even Admin called his bluff lol

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 06:25 PM »
At least CH seems to have the respect of most members on here unlike George

Yes quite possibly martinvic, but not the respect of the big three, which no new moderator was ever going to get  despite whatever they may say.  But am i really concerned by it, not in the slightest.  I'm quite happy to be judged by my fellow curry posting peers of which there are more than three :)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 07:41 PM »
...but not the respect of the big three...

The Big Three. The Three Amigos. Three of the longest-self-serving non-contributors on this forum. Plenty to say, but little to offer except long-winded, off-topic nonsense, a pathetic victim mentality and snide comment.

The "bluffing" moderator has chased many good members from this forum. He hasn't changed in years, and he still tries to chase good members from the forum. Here's what happened with Curry Barking Mad, one of the forum's most highly respected members, in 2012:

I have no desire to suppress you casting your opinion ::)

I'm sorry but why didn't you say something useful in your earlier post when, instead of giving reasons for disagreeing with me, you said  my "baiting is rather tiresome."

I'm not 'baiting' anybody. I know my views are not shared by everyone but it was SP who, not unreasonably, raised the subject of RCR. If you don't agree with me, then give reasons, instead of trying to stifle debate by using daft words like 'troll' or baiting'. In your position it may have been better to have maintained a dignified silence.

Or, if you wanted to speak out, you may have declared your opinion which is probably along the lines that it's a first class site. the navigation and ease of use are better than here and there are genuine reasons (state them) why a whole host of previous promises by the site owner failed to materialise, like books for a start. Oh, and that he really did have 10 or 20 years previous experience of a BIR kitchen before starting the site.

OK George,
You've done me in.....
I didn't use the word "troll" ???

I really don't think I need to take advice from you about "my position"

I am frustrated by your attitude displayed over quite a period of time.

And I'm sorry, as far as your last paragraph goes... regarding Navigation, ease of use, better than here etc. What on Earth has that got to do with anything I have said? That's a rhetorical question by the way... I can't possibly debate anything with you or anyone who views their world in the twisted way you clearly do.

I would also want to make it clear, I have no animosity towards CR0 and it's membership.
To be honest I find the site V site stuff quite pathetic, hence my original comment to George about moving on.

My apologies to everyone of those decent people that make up the vast majority of the membership of this site.
I will leave you to it and wish you all a good Christmas and good luck with your future curry cooking.

Cheers,
Mick

PS Say what you have to George, I can't be dealing with you anymore.

CBM's post above could have been written this afternoon. Nothing has changed.

George, Phil and Secret Santa won't be happy until there's no-one else left to chase from this forum. Then they can have it all to themselves and they'll be able to have a nice wee chat between each other with no troublesome curry talk to disturb their cosy little cabal.

littlechilie

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 07:54 PM »
The truth has been posted above it's the same old snipes and trolling all the time.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 08:13 PM »
Can someone please moderate (preferably delete) this topic as it is turning into the worst kind of advert for any newcomers to the forum, and is going nowhere  :(

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36 PM »
I've not been here anywhere near as long as George.  I've a long way to go before i become anywhere near as unfit to moderate as George.  He's been working hard at it for years now.

You may have only been a moderator for a few days but you've already locked more threads and deleted more posts than I did in several years. I don't think even CA reached your level of destruction anywhere near as soon after starting. My approach has always been minimal moderation and you consider that as 'unfit' because your approach is for a lot MORE moderation. I believe your thinking is also irrational (out of interest, what level of education did you reach?) because most of the things I write which you don't like are me as a member and nothing whatsoever to do with me being a moderator.

©2024 Curry Recipes