Poll

Should there be a 3rd moderator with voting for post deletion or thread locking (apart from pure spam)?

Yes
9 (42.9%)
No
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Moderator accountability  (Read 31705 times)

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator accountability
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 08:16 AM »
The only way you'll get rid of George is to send a pm admin explaining you object to his malicious & vindictive posting style and his abuse of the moderator powers he has and that as a result you'll no longer be visiting the website.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Well CH has set out his stall. Not a single one of the irrelevant, off-topic posts has been deleted by him in this thread because they suit his purpose.

CA back in da house!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:32 AM by Secret Santa »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Why have only 6 voted for it and what are their reasons?

Well it's relatively even at the time of my typing at 7 to 8. I voted yes because it was essentially my idea, taken from the way much better moderated forums operate. It adds checks and balances to a mods actions such that you can't easily have a rogue mod deleting (or, indeed, not deleting) whole threads because it doesn't fit his or her personal interpretation of the forum rules or just because they can. Unless, that is, all three (or more) mods are in collusion.

You should really be asking why any sensible, democratically minded person would vote no.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:34 AM by Secret Santa »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2015, 09:30 AM »
...but not the respect of the big three...

The Big Three. The Three Amigos. Three of the longest-self-serving non-contributors on this forum. Plenty to say, but little to offer except long-winded, off-topic nonsense, a pathetic victim mentality and snide comment.

What a bitter and thoroughly juvenile response.

Each member of the forum contributes in what way they can. I tend to offer advice at times to newbies with my pretty large knowledge of BIR cooking for example. You post beautiful pictures of your curries as a way of promoting CBM's e-books by refusing to give any details of the recipes and linking to them on Amazon. We each offer what we can.

And do you suggest that we cull the several hundred (thousand) silent forum memebers for not contributing at all?

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2015, 09:52 AM »
Like I said, SS, nothing to offer but snide comment...

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2015, 10:05 AM »
Like I said, SS, nothing to offer but snide comment...

You're confusing snide comment with fact. Easily done when you have an agenda.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49 AM »
Arm wrestling?

littlechilie

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2015, 10:56 AM »
If the were to ever be a third mod, it would need to be an outside influence, certainly not yourself SS! That's why I voted for No.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11 AM »
If the were to ever be a third mod, it would need to be an outside influence, certainly not yourself SS! That's why I voted for No.

Then I would respectfully suggest, Little Chillie, that you may not have read the poll properly.  It asks "Should there be a 3rd moderator with voting for post deletion or thread locking (apart from pure spam)? " and makes no mention whatsoever of Secret Santa.  To vote against a motion because one does not like one potential candidate for the post were the motion to succeed would not seem to me to be a rational course of behaviour.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:22 AM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2015, 11:29 AM »
The only way you'll get rid of George is to send a pm to Admin explaining how you object to his malicious & vindictive posting style and his abuse of the moderator powers he has and that, as a result, you'll no longer be visiting the website.

I've tidied up the sentence construction in your post quoted above so it makes a bit more sense. Is your thinking any clearer and more logical than the way you write?

Please list your main allegations/objections under each of the two distinct categories:

1 Member
2 Moderator

Under 1 (member), you and others may not like to be told that, in my opinion, your ideas and recipes don't impress me much. For the most part, I rate intelligent arguments put forward by SS, for example, more highly than glossy photos submitted by CH and others. Anyway, what are your arguments for having me struck off as a long-standing member?

Under 2 (moderator) what are your arguments for having me removed as a moderator? Have I moderated too little, or too much, or how have I failed, exactly? Perhaps you'd have preferred me to leave all the spam in place, or to leave bad language untouched, or not delete some of my own posts in order to help cool things down.

©2024 Curry Recipes