Author Topic: Madhuban sauces?  (Read 11273 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Madhuban sauces?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Has anyone bought tubs of these sauces over the 5 years since we last discussed them? If so, how do you rate the sauces? Moreover, do you know of ANY sauces which taste remotely like the real sauces from a BIR?

Offline bickerton

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 04:15 PM »
It pains me to say it but I sometimes use curry sauce out of a jar when Im in a rush or away in our caravan. by far the best ive tasted is the Lloyd Grossman range. Every one is superb. But mine are better! I do sometimes use the LG sauces as a base and add garlic, ginger chili powder, etc too just to justify my skills (to me that is) LOL.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:15 PM by bickerton »

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 06:35 PM »
I'd also be very interested to know if anyone has tried these sauces. Not cheap, mind.

Offline two-sheds

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 01:18 PM »
hi ramirez

i have tried madhuban sauces on several occasions in the last year and was impressed especially with the madras,i bought all six types of curry but not the thai ones.
the tikka, jalfresi and balti are also very acceptable and a favourite with the wife.
they are a sauce ready to heat ie microwave and what i did was prepare some chicken tikka the night before then marinate in my sauce of choice over night and then microwave prior to eating with rice or a nan. the delivery by post was very quick and the packageing was most impressive. delivery needs a signature or if no-one in its left at the nearest post office. cost is approx ?20 for 6 . try them you won't  be disappointed for a quick curry.  good luck

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Bought a tub of the Hot Madras Madhuban sauce today.....they're for sale in the farm shops but I've never seen them in any supermarket. I'll let you know how I get on and if I can find the lead for the camera I'll post a piccie of the container and contents :)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Bought a tub of the Hot Madras Madhuban sauce today.....they're for sale in the farm shops but I've never seen them in any supermarket. I'll let you know how I get on and if I can find the lead for the camera I'll post a piccie of the container and contents :)
Hey, welcome back Domi : you've been missed !
Re. Madhuban sauces, yes, I have tried them.  Once.  Never again.  I'll be interested to know how you find them.
** Phil.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 09:34 AM »
For what it is worth I thought I would add my two-penneth to this. Been meaning to try some of these for a while (since this thread), as the butcher down the road from me stocks them.

Picked up a Balti and a Madras. They're supposed to serve 4 but that's a stretch. Taste wise they're pretty poor. I wasn't expecting much, but I was expecting them to be better than jarred curry you get in supermarkets. Unfortunately, they weren't, and at

©2024 Curry Recipes