Author Topic: Is it possible to over cook your base ?  (Read 32193 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to over cook your base ?
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2015, 12:47 PM »
That's within travelling distance for me.  I wouldn't mind helping to make up a CR0 party to try it out ...
** Phil.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2015, 03:48 PM »
Thanks Mr Punter
I'll have a look at it later, Looks like a converted Pub?

A step up from normal BIR

Having Aspirations, not a bad thing ;)

cheers Chewy

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2015, 03:59 PM »
That's within travelling distance for me.  I wouldn't mind helping to make up a CR0 party to try it out ...
** Phil.

Count me in Phil.....

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Thanks Mr Punter
I'll have a look at it later, Looks like a converted Pub?

A step up from normal BIR

Having Aspirations, not a bad thing ;)

cheers Chewy

Yeah was a pub.  Manpreet took the place over about 4 years ago and opened up as the Cinnamon Culture.  About 3 miles away we've recently had Atul Kochhar open up Indian Essence.  I think Cinnamon Culture knocks spot off Atul!  So he's. You could say it's a step up from a normal BIR.

Sometimes I get fed up with the 'prices' or 'posh nosh' and long for the old school/yesterday year currys...  Hence I'm on here learning but I can't find a cheap old school restaurant, just an expensive old school restaurant that's very good depending which chef is on shift called Tamasha, Bromley. I'm gonna try and get in their kitchen too! It's been there for 30 years, very colonial, feels like your in Singapore.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 04:31 PM »
I think Cinnamon Culture knocks spot off Atul!  So he's. You could say it's a step up from a normal BIR.

So he's what, mate?

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 05:04 PM »
** Phil.

Phil.   I recon if it was organised for a 'weekday' lunch or evening we'd get the full treatment.  They are very proud of what they do etc....  Let me know how I can help (if you get a response)?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2015, 05:33 PM »
Phil.   I recon if it was organised for a 'weekday' lunch or evening we'd get the full treatment.  They are very proud of what they do etc....  Let me know how I can help (if you get a response)?

Weekday lunch or evening is fine by me.  Anyone else within travelling distance of Bromley, Kent, and interested in trying the Cinnamon ?

** Phil.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2015, 06:05 PM »
Bromley North or Bromley South BR? I believe a night bus makes it way back into London from those parts... ;)

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2015, 06:12 PM »
I think Cinnamon Culture knocks spot off Atul!  So he's. You could say it's a step up from a normal BIR.

So he's what, mate?

Hi Onions

The owner is: Manpreet Dhingra.     And his Chef is: Bhuwan Bhatt

The Chefs usually come into the UK having completed their Chef diploma's and worked 6 years in top hotels/5* in Mumbai & Delhi.  Their North Indian culinary skills are to die for...  It's what they train for.  BIR has travelled a long way.  As I see it, it started in the UK,  was taken back to India and Bangladesh where schools were set up to train top quality Chefs in Delhi to the industry then brought back to the UK. So, the most amazing BIR tasting flavours are experienced in the 'top notch' restaurants which are mostly in the 'top hotels' in Delhi and Mumbai because they are free to experiment!  The top restaurants in London and probably across the UK are bringing these skills across Asia with the Chefs and introducing them into 'top notch' Restaurants in the UK like Cinnamon Culture and changing/improving the quality of what we eat today.

His previous chef: Chef Suresh who was and still is a friend of mine has gone back to Veeraswamy restaurant, Regents Street. London which was THE first 'top notch' Indian restaurant in the UK.  Charlie Chaplin was one of their first customers in the first few months of opening...  ITS TRUE!   This could sound like I'm trying to sell these places but I'm not... But you have to appreciate you must be very good to work as a chef here!

I have NO INTEREST IN PURI TANDOORS, CINNAMON CULTURE OR VEERASWAMY !   I just appreciate good intentions, hard work, achievement & success, quality and advancement...

And this restaurant is a 4 minute walk from my house... Lol....  It keeps me skint but full with knowledge if I push them!   ;D

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Bromley North or Bromley South BR? I believe a night bus makes it way back into London from those parts... ;)

Bromley North mate...

©2024 Curry Recipes