Author Topic: What's for dinner, Josephine?  (Read 414928 times)

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: What
« Reply #1060 on: March 04, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Made this tonight frittata.
6x free range eggs
2x medium sized potatoes cooked and chopped into peices
1x Tbsp of mixed veg
2x Tbsp of red cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
Mix all together
Place in oven in 7" Yorkshire puddings tin gas MK 8
Cook for around 20 mins easy to make and nice and tasty

That's a funny looking BIR curry.
Careful, CH wont be happy with this!! LOL :P

Looks nice.

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 04, 2016, 08:03 PM »
Thanks Scotty.

Chicken Ceylon tonight

Mmmm nice. I like the Ceylon, has the south indian feel. And i love me some south indian

What base do you use?

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 04, 2016, 08:30 PM »
Yes scotty ca the clown won't allow this would he

CAB.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 04, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Thanks Scotty.

Chicken Ceylon tonight

Mmmm nice. I like the Ceylon, has the south indian feel. And i love me some south indian

What base do you use?

It's my own base, cooked as part of a bulk recipe (if you can call 10 portions bulk).

I use an electric pressure cooker and make 2.75 litres of base, starting with 2kg of onions and keeping it relatively thick - close to the consistency of a finished curry. Then I cook a bhagar with enough spices, etc for 10 curries and unite bhagar with base, plus any other ingredients (coconut and sugar for Ceylon) then portion it into takeaway containers and add precooked meat. I prefer to cook ahead this way to stock my freezer so I can defrost and knock up a quick and easy meal whenever I want, without cooking each time.

So anyway, I just vary the spicing and other ancillary ingredients to make it one curry or another. For the Ceylon I use 250g coconut block and 200g coconut milk powder (Maggi) plus 85g sugar & not too much tomato. Overall I shoot for 3.5kg of sauce for a generous 350g per portion to which I add 150g meat.

For madras I'd omit the sugar and coconut, add more tomato paste and mix powder and lemon and tamarind, or sometimes Worcester sauce (nod to Chewytikka).

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 04, 2016, 09:18 PM »
Thanks Scotty.

Chicken Ceylon tonight

What base do you use?

It's my own base, cooked as part of a bulk recipe (if you can call 10 portions bulk).

I use an electric pressure cooker and make 2.75 litres of base, starting with 2kg of onions and keeping it relatively thick - close to the consistency of a finished curry. Then I cook a bhagar with enough spices, etc for 10 curries and unite bhagar with base, plus any other ingredients (coconut and sugar for Ceylon) then portion it into takeaway containers and add precooked meat. I prefer to cook ahead this way to stock my freezer so I can defrost and knock up a quick and easy meal whenever I want, without cooking each time.

So anyway, I just vary the spicing and other ancillary ingredients to make it one curry or another. For the Ceylon I use 250g coconut block and 200g coconut milk powder (Maggi) plus 85g sugar & not too much tomato. Overall I shoot for 3.5kg of sauce for a generous 350g per portion to which I add 150g meat.

For madras I'd omit the sugar and coconut, add more tomato paste and mix powder and lemon and tamarind, or sometimes Worcester sauce (nod to Chewytikka).

Very informative, thanks mate!
Going to have a play with base's tonight and see what i like.

Cheers

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: March 04, 2016, 10:45 PM »

CAB.

ScottyM was refering to me not CA CAB.  But i'm more than happy to see this posted along with the recipe in a post specifically for any kind of food, not just BIR.  Something non BIR which i have eaten before and enjoyed but never cooked nor researched.  Nice one.

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 04, 2016, 11:02 PM »

CAB.

ScottyM was refering to me not CA CAB.  But i'm more than happy to see this posted along with the recipe in a post specifically for any kind of food, not just BIR.  Something non BIR which i have eaten before and enjoyed but never cooked nor researched.  Nice one.

How surprising, still being a hypocrite.
" It's time this forum got  back to basics - CURRY  and cut the rest of the crap out."

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 05, 2016, 02:11 PM »
Doner (Lamb) Kebab out of a tin

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 05, 2016, 02:34 PM »

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 05, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Looks good. If you're interested I'll post up the missus' home kebab recipe it's a bit of work but tastes excellent.

©2024 Curry Recipes