Author Topic: What's for dinner, Josephine?  (Read 414330 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: What
« Reply #1230 on: April 05, 2018, 12:40 PM »
Yep. In Australia the term "Chicken Maryland" simply refers to a butcher's cut for a whole leg consisting of the thigh and drumstick.

Makes a wicked tandoori cut and they were on sale. It was all quite tame chilli wise but still hit the spot.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 05, 2018, 01:19 PM »
Thanks, that clears that up, just never seen it written.

Its lost on most, but historically BIR Tandoori Chicken is always
Baby/Spring chicken, 700gm max. In the Halal Butchers they even call
the young Chickens, Tandoori Chickens. Current price 3 for 6 quid.

A bit of trivia for you Livo ;D ;D
cheers Chewy

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 05, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Fresh Keema Balti
Mutton mince, Peas and Peppers and Green Chilli.
Cooked from scratch, around 20mins, served with Tawa Naan
Lovely supper Josephine

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 05, 2018, 01:27 PM »
I seem to remember my mother making Chicken Maryland a few times back in the 70's at home. She was always doing  'strange food' (I was 13).. Chilli with cornbread, vienna schnitzel for example. The maryland and the chilli with cornbread would usually coincide with her coming back from her Canadian holidays.  :-\

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 05, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Fresh Keema Balti
Mutton mince, Peas and Peppers and Green Chilli.
Cooked from scratch, around 20mins, served with Tawa Naan
Lovely supper Josephine

I agree, Love keema and peas (with a few potatoes for good measure)  :P :P

littlechilie

« Reply #1235 on: April 05, 2018, 08:04 PM »
There were no interruptions and it all went to plan.

Well you guys will be waking up for your breakfast eggs soon, however you have them, but over here it's going into the afternoon and our Eastern Summer Time clocks changed back an hour over the Easter weekend so darkness now approaches earlier, as it is meant to.

I know some people hated this thread because it often had absolutely naught to do with BIR, but it is in the section where you can talk about anything other than BIR.  This is not a post about Spaghetti Bog or Pizza or Mashed Potato.  Still Indian inspired. :P so I hope it's acceptable. ;)

If all goes to plan this afternoon, and it may not, my dinner will be (hopefully) a nice light refreshing meal of Tandoori Chicken Maryland (6 pieces already marinating which should be enough for 2 of us), Prawn Biryani (prawns defrosting and basmati soaking), Sri Lankan Tempered Potatoes (Urad and Chana dals soaking and this is yummy) and Fresh Garden Salad (well it's just salad so nothing is happening yet).  With any luck I might even get to do a couple of Papp's with Mango Chutney.  Sadly no Cheese Naan tonight. :(

My wife is wanting light food ie: not gravy curries. :(  I still want spice. ;D  If it goes to plan I may be able to post some photos.

Livo this all looks delicious, I really hope your wife appreciated all the effort and skills it takes to produce great food. This is something I keep reminding my Wife. ;D

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 05, 2018, 10:23 PM »
That's a nice looking keema and naan chewy. I might have to dig out my keema matar (lamb mince and peas) recipe and baltify it.

LC, the cheese and kisses certainly does appreciate the cooking I do, but she is concerned that the heavy, rich and creamy curries might be adding more calories than desired. She looks good to me but says she is having wardrobe difficulties. Less Korma and cheese naan, more salad.and boiled rice. For her that is. ;)

littlechilie

« Reply #1237 on: April 06, 2018, 07:38 AM »

LC, the cheese and kisses certainly does appreciate the cooking I do, but she is concerned that the heavy, rich and creamy curries might be adding more calories than desired. She looks good to me but says she is having wardrobe difficulties. Less Korma and cheese naan, more salad.and boiled rice. For her that is. ;)

Haha! Perfect reply Livo, yes why do women insist and obsess with looking so trim. I keep insisting my wife needs more Korma in her life, maybe I will try your recommendation for the cheese Naan. I have been away from my kitchen for a week now and my choice of food has been drastically limited, my body is craving spice and rich creamy goodness  :P

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 06, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Fresh Keema Balti...with Tawa Naan.

A lovely supper, indeed, Chewy. Delicious-looking fare!

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 07, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Great looking forward Livo and Chewy  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes