Author Topic: What's for dinner, Josephine?  (Read 411693 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: What
« Reply #620 on: June 16, 2015, 05:09 PM »
Recon that piece of beef is still mooing ;D but it's already dead, so why kill it again. by over cooking the poor thing. ;)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03 PM »
Did you forget to turn the oven on mate?
I confess it's a little rare even for me ...  We has roast rib of beef recently, roasted beautifully rare, but what I failed to realise was that it was so rare that the bacteria had not all been destroyed by the cooking...  I put the remains into the 'fridge (once cold), had a second helping two days later, but when I came to finish it up two days after that it had already gone off.  But never one to waste anything, I scalded it with boiling water to get rid of the greasy feel, and then ate all but the highest parts.  Delicious :)

** Phil
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:15 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 17, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Probably a tiny bit rare for me but I'd certainly eat it with not one complaint. Looks lovely.

And going ever so slightly off topic but we did have it for tea......Having just been to France, whilst we are there we have a few Norwegians with us and every year they bring they bring us some of Norways finest treats. Elk sausage, a selection of Brown cheeses (bring back the Caramac), a cured leg of lamb, salted liquorice, Norwegian dried peas (for which seem to go down well with everyone with the traditional Saturday night steaks) and the dodgy one. This year it was whale sushi  :-\ which looked like black raw liver and smelt liked a blocked drain. Heres a photo taken slightly worst for wear with a grubby paw print on my phone lens under some ice blue christmas lights.

It didn't taste as bad as it smelt but I stupidly breathed in whilst launching a bit into my mouth and was nearly sick. That said it wasn't as bad as the Surstr
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:54 PM by Gav Iscon »

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 18, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Sounds like you had a whale of a time Gav  :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 18, 2015, 05:20 PM »
"When I were a lad", we used to feed our cat on whale-meat, purchased from MacFisheries.  I regularly used to steal a bit, and found it quite pleasant, but of course that was cooked (boiled), not a la sushi.

** Phil.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Well being back home, I'm now craving chinese and curry. So first up (after homemade panko breadcrumbed fish and chips yesterday), is Chili Squid with Stir Fried Vegetables and Noodles. Delicious.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 19, 2015, 01:33 PM »
That looks Lush Gav

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 19, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Looking good Gav, not curry though  :(

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Prawn korma I'm not really a great fan of korma or prawns but I made it for the wife
She's says it was top notch! I'm sorry to tell here it's back to a madras etc later in the week.Lol

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:04 PM by Curry addict bob »

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 22, 2015, 08:10 PM »
Nice looking Korma there Bob.

Spot of quiche and fries tonight and left over samosas. Samosas seem to do very well with fries strangely enough

©2024 Curry Recipes