Author Topic: What's for dinner, Josephine?  (Read 411812 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: What
« Reply #1050 on: March 03, 2016, 11:07 PM »
You chefs who continually post great looking dishes are what this site is about.  It may not all be BIR but at least you take the trouble to cook and post the results.  I'd be up for sampling anything posted in this thread  :P. It beats the hell out of hot air and back biting ;)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 04, 2016, 02:09 PM »
You chefs who continually post great looking dishes are what this site is about.  It may not all be BIR but at least you take the trouble to cook and post the results.  I'd be up for sampling anything posted in this thread  :P. It beats the hell out of hot air and back biting ;)

I couldn't disagree more. Here's why: 1) Great looking dishes are not the same as great tasting dishes. You appear to rate form over substance 2) This thread has too little to do with BIR and is a major distraction. You lock threads where people may have opinions to express, but not this one which, in my opinion should have been closed down many months ago, so everyone can get back to the primary BIR focus of the site. 3) any viewpoints you don't agree with are considered to be hot air and back biting. As ScottyM pointed out, why delete posts which may express a different opinion but are not especially rude, let alone obscene? If you delete this post, it will prove my point. There are countless posts on this thread supporting the general concept. This post expresses a different point of view, and I trust I'm allowed to express it.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 04, 2016, 03:14 PM »
I second that George.  This post is tiresome to be honest, always great to look at good food if it's bir. Not interested in seeing a Sunday roast or steak and chips to be honest.

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 04, 2016, 04:26 PM »

I couldn't disagree more. Here's why: 1) Great looking dishes are not the same as great tasting dishes. You appear to rate form over substance 2) This thread has too little to do with BIR and is a major distraction. You lock threads where people may have opinions to express, but not this one which, in my opinion should have been closed down many months ago, so everyone can get back to the primary BIR focus of the site. 3) any viewpoints you don't agree with are considered to be hot air and back biting. As ScottyM pointed out, why delete posts which may express a different opinion but are not especially rude, let alone obscene? If you delete this post, it will prove my point. There are countless posts on this thread supporting the general concept. This post expresses a different point of view, and I trust I'm allowed to express it.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
You expect people to enjoy posting on a site with no social aspect to it.
Just rock up post a BIR pic and leave.
You expect people to feel like sharing there curry recipes and secrets in such a unsocial forum?

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 04, 2016, 04:28 PM »
Chinese. All three recipes by scottyM

Looks good mate!!

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 04, 2016, 04:29 PM »
Brown sauce last night
And tonight ketchup  ;)
very nice All Sottys recipes are spot on in my view

Cheers mate! Glad you enjoy them

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 04, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Chicken tikka kebabs with a serve of madras sauce for pouring over. Bombay aloo, pilau rice and a naan bread.

What a feast. Making me hungry just looking at it.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 04, 2016, 05:59 PM »
Thanks Scotty.

Chicken Ceylon tonight 

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 04, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Chicken Tikka Dhansak a la SoberRat tonight for me and my good lady wife who very highly commended the dish. As always, very nice, and the additional praise definitely speaks more for the recipe than my unremarkable culinary skills.

Sadly, the photos don't do the dish justice - it was much, much better than the photos suggest. :)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 04, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Made this tonight frittata.
6x free range eggs
2x medium sized potatoes cooked and chopped into peices
1x Tbsp of mixed veg
2x Tbsp of red cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
Mix all together